Alright everyone, its that time again. Stupid question time. lol.

So as you can read i have a 2004 GMC Envoy that is the base model. Nothing too special about it other than a few things here and there. I plan to put sound deadener up the ass in this truck because first it is loud as hell for road noise and second i want to help keep it as cool as possible in the interior in the summer time. Now i have never and i repeat NEVER removed a head liner (if thats what you call the fabric/cardboard stuff that goes on the interior side of your roof) and i want to remove that and put deadener (really leaning toward second skin damp-pro for it all) but im not sure how to remove that stupid thing without ruining anything or bending the headliner or destroying any wires up there.

Can someone please help me with how to remove the headliner on my truck? Also i need to have this done in like a days time (one day to remove and another day to put it back in there) because i use this as my daily driving vehicle to go to work and school with.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Thanks!!

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Oh boy, it's been a while since I've removed a headliner from most anything but I think this is how an Envoy's headliner is held in place.

Remove the trim panels, door seals, sun visors, assist handles, and rear seat belts.

Most of these trim pieces are held on with trim clips that just pull off. And there are some that are push-in type clips.

You'll need a T10 Torx bit to remove the sun visors, assist handles, and rear belts.

Align the sun visor parallel to the door (as if you were trying to block the sun from your side window), insert a small screwdriver (or something pointy) into the access hole in the visor's bezel and rotate the visor towards the windshield and pull down. It takes a lot of pressure to remove it, so take your time and be patient.

The assist handles require you to pop open both the front and back bezel covers. Once you've done that, push the rear of the handle towards the back and down until it pops loose. Then push the front of the handle towards the front and down until it pops loose.

I know there are some people who have only been able to drop the headliner and not completely remove it (mostly because of the wiring).

I hope this helps you some as I'm sure there are things that I'm forgetting and or can be more clear on.

Later,

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png