Second Skin Audio

port help

So I made a port I like.Then cut a bigger hole to fit this port.Problem is I forgot how deep the speakers sit.So question is that is there a diffrence in port in the box-or more to it about half and half other than box space?If not BIG FUP here. thanks.I can post pic

Jensen head unit (junk to start) cadence 5.25 dash re tweets Candence ultra drive amp(mids+highs) rockford fosgate 75hd RESX18D2 X4 subs wired to 1.3 final

REBUILDING AS WE SPEAK

So I made a port I like.Then cut a bigger hole to fit this port.Problem is I forgot how deep the speakers sit.So question is that is there a diffrence in port in the box-or more to it about half and half other than box space?If not BIG FUP here. thanks.I can post pic

I must be a noob

Jensen head unit (junk to start) cadence 5.25 dash re tweets Candence ultra drive amp(mids+highs) rockford fosgate 75hd RESX18D2 X4 subs wired to 1.3 final

REBUILDING AS WE SPEAK

is there a diffrence in port in the box-or more to it about half and half other than box space?

i dno what you're trying to say here...

Sorry! How does bringing the port out through the box change things.Meaning half the port is outside the box

REBUILDING AS WE SPEAK

you can have the port as far internal, external, or half and half as you need.

the difference it'll make is to the box volume, but it shouldn't be noticeable to the ear.

I understood your first post perfectly btw.

Thanks.This helps much :yahoo:

REBUILDING AS WE SPEAK

Archived