ok well the disc drive went out on my xbox a while back, i ordered a new one no problem put it in still didnt fix it, i bought a new xbox so thats fine but i have this old one i wanna get fixed too, i read online that i have to flash the new disc drive but im completely clueless on how to do so, most of the sites i have read say i need to put the firm ware onto a dvd then insert it into the xbox and it will take care of it...is is that easy? and even if it is i cant find the firmware or anything that i need! this is so frustrating...hopefully someone on here can help me out..

thanks in advance

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

First, what month and year is yours, second take off your faceplate, and there's a hole, with wires below the DVD drive on the left of it, what color are those two wires? Third, to add a new DVD drive, especially with the newer versions, you need to do some soldering and you will need a SATA PCI card. Doesn't matter if you have one intigrated or not, you need it. Then once that's squared away with BOTH drives, you need the DVD Key from your original and put it on your new one, but while your at it on swapping, you might as well flash it to play burnt games since you have a brand new one, then you won't have to buy games anymore. But with swapping drives and flashing, you take the risk of banning your console for good, but who cares, you got a brand new console!

Edited by Katt

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

Doubles, but uh, check out se7ensins.com, they are awesome, they will explain everything you need to know about your xbox drive, and what else more you can do to it, like mod your case, etc.

my xbox has been apart for a while im not sure what color the wire is, it is one of the original ones that i got when they very first came out, and it has a philips disc drive, i watched a video on youtube where the guy just switched over the stock board and soldered the wires from the new one, i did that already and it didnt do anyhing

Edited by loganberry

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

You still would be better looking on se7ensins then YouTube, where people know what there doing rather then noobs on YouTube. Since you got once of the firstyz, it should be pretty easy to do. Just read up on it.

Yup, it is. No more spending 60$ on a game, if you play story though lol. If your lucky, you can go a while on burnt games before you get banned, but if you do, make sure your other console is off, and unplugged to be sure, Microsoft is cracking down latley on Jtags and modded consoles.

Edited by Katt

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

fail not even that complicated no soldering or ordering other then a new drive was needed or needed to fix it only time you will need to solder fixing a xbox is E74 error which is GPU failure.

everything you will ever need to know about xbox's is on the website enjoy

http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/repairs.htm

btw sata cable is the cable that connects your CD ROM/DVD Drive to the board they are small computers with intel processors. they over heat cause of lack of air flow and not enough and cheap heat sink paste.

you can use a USB flash drive to use the software and flash it that way.