Second Skin Audio

Portable system? DIY boombox mayb?

Long story kinda short... I work construction, 50-70hrs a week. Always in the work truck, Sometimes on 12hr road trips. Been real sick of the shitty factory speakers the trucks have. On top of that tryn to use a fm transmitter and every other gadget to tryn get good reception n they all suck! Is their a compact boombox out their that gets loud with a good amount of bass? If not what would it take to build your own boombox? Mayb a sundown 8" or somethin comparable in a little 1cf box with a seperate little box on top or bottom for some mids/tweets and an amp? What other kind of guts would I need to run somethin like that off just the mp3 player?

Rebuild in progress...

build your own and have it run off the 12 volt acc. its enough for a radio and 2 decent comps, i've done it before, sounds pretty good

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/

Well god damn! $450... Idk about all that. If I knew what i need'd im sure I could build somethin that knocks for under $450. It would b used for work so I dont wana spend half a grand u know. Mayb i need to find a boombox with decent power n upgrade the speakers? Idk? I just want a little bad ass substage I can easily transport, Without breakn the bank that is

Rebuild in progress...

Archived