The Sausage Box

Sealed or ported  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Help me decide.

• Sealed at 2.25 cubes - separate chambers
    • Sealed at 6-7 cubes shared chamber
    • Ported 8.5 cubes gross - 75-100 sq inches
    • Aeros, Precisions

Well, just like the poll states.. I have these 3 level 3 DC 15's. They will be a tight fit regardless of the setup.. more so with a ported setup, but I can manage either way.

I'm looking at 8.5 cubes gross, I think I can pull off about 75 inches of port total (maybe a bit more) between 2 separate poly shaped ports, looking at 14 inches long each. 36Hz. This is just a rough estimate, and it will be a huge pain in the ass to do, but will it be worth it with such a small box?

These subs will be a bit underpowered, so I'm leaning towards the ported, but open to suggestions....aeros, precisions.. how many, what size??

Extra input is always a plus, so thanks for the suggestions.

LATE!! :blink:

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

i voted port because it will be a little louder, plus u will get props for it bein tight and still fits!

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

either way .. # 1 common chamber

#2 do what fits, I dont have any experience with those woofers, I'd call rusty and see if they will like 2.5cuft each vented.

Id say do 2 15's vented with 75sqin's and keep the extra for back-up.

Just my .02

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I had 3 Kicker CompVR 15s with about as much room as you got so I went sealed and they sounded damn good and loud. I voted for the ported if you can get it in there.

But I also like the idea of putting them in a 8.5 cu sealed common chamber box

Edited by j_black10

AudioControl
Rockford Fosgate
XSPower

a9cb521a-b3b0-4848-8950-41c45879dd3f_zps

either way .. # 1 common chamber

#2 do what fits, I dont have any experience with those woofers, I'd call rusty and see if they will like 2.5cuft each vented.

Id say do 2 15's vented with 75sqin's and keep the extra for back-up.

Just my .02

I thought about just using 2 and having a spare, but I really want to use all three because I have them and they will fit... :)

I will hit Rusty up right now though..

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

Interesting.... - I thought ported would win hands down, but this is making me think twice.... I'll let this run till the weekend, and see what goes on. I'm going to look at some prefab ports for a sec..

Interesting.... - I thought ported would win hands down, but this is making me think twice.... I'll let this run till the weekend, and see what goes on. I'm going to look at some prefab ports for a sec..

Not a huge fan of the prefab ports from what I've seen.

ported man.....will sound so much better

I know it probaly will bro, but I'm just picking peoples brains to see what they think of.... we all see stuff different. Like ray suggesting to switch down to two subs.. sweet idea, but the RF amps make is so I can put basically the same amount of power

per sub regardless if I use 2, or 3...

I might have to post up a pic, but it might be top LH and RH Triangle ports.... of poly.... or rhombus... :blink:

or a trapezoid!!! Yeah..

Edited by pstone11