Sonic Electronix

sub box tuning help , and some pics of new aq sub.

15 h x 30w x 9d

1.67 cu.ft air space fixed my typo (:

i got 4 inch pvc laying around and my desired tuning is 33hz so can anyone help me , tell me how many 4 inch ports , how long and where i should put them , or if porting them with normal pvc will even work? just looking for some help my new sub is breaking in. and im very satisfied i got the aq 1200d amp coming in 2 weeks its on back order and crescendo new componets in may cant wait and illl keep you all updated. By the way the sub weighed a womping 25 pounds to where the old kicker was 5 pounds and direct leads spider suspension and cones / magnet were impressive (:

my new aq 10" sub compared to kicker comp 10" sub

tumblr_ljguirr5hn1qeo63mo1_500.jpg

my brother testing the aq suspension not doing a thing to it ;)

tumblr_ljguic8t2y1qeo63mo1_500.jpg

aq 10" 2.5 d4 driver

tumblr_ljguhtgo6r1qeo63mo1_500.jpg

my 15"h x 30"w x 9"d = 1.87 cu.ft i wanna port it to 33hz

tumblr_ljguhg3RdH1qeo63mo1_500.jpg

Edited by Relyks

My calculations only say 1.67 cubic feet....

And I used Torres calculator and it said the tube would have to be around 17 inches long.... Which is kinda big.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

my bad it is 1.67 i made a typo ill fix it and thats why i said a couple of ports. (:

My bad, didnt see the multiple ports thing.

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

check it out see if you can find out how many ports i would need and where i should port them up and what side of the box. thanks alot for the help by the way man :good:

im on my way home from my girlfriends now so ill be home in a few to check post out then.

oh by the way ive seen some of your work impressive and very nice man :drinks:

Edited by Relyks

Do you have to port it out the front? You could go from the side and have 30 inches to work with. I just can find any combinations of 4 inch ports that works.

Big 3 with Yellow Top

well its behind a truck seat i really dont have much room

do you think if i cute a 4 inch hold inside of it and put about 20"inches of the pvc in ox and let 10" inches hang out would it be the same or no?

like have the port inside the box?

tumblr_ljgxe7JWEI1qeo63mo1_500.jpg

so like 20inches of that pvc inside the box and about 10" of it hanging out would that work?