All I can say is I LOVE SQUIRES. Hands down one of the best turbo companies I've ever dealt with. What vehicle are you looking to force induct?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I think he said hundai elantra

Hahah damn cody

She ain't that sexy. I wouldn't even let her blow me. Those 10 pounds of make up would end up all over my crotch.

you dont find dubstep, dubstep finds you

hu: Pioneer MVH - P8300BT

mids: Alpine sps-600 all four corners

highs: Addictive Audio ECST25A,Memphis PR tweeters back

sub: 15 inch crossfire bmf

box: 4 cubes at 38 hz

amp: Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 25 To Life

140.7 on a non sealed trunk car with a five channel so far (old sub audiobahn aw1505q)

Build Log

http://www.stevemead...ima-56k-beware/

Feedback

http://www.stevemead...s-bfd-feedback/

....:facepalm:

Trust me I've already gotten more shit for even owning an Elantra, hear me out..

Stock curb weight of an 05 Elantra GT sedan is 2650 @ 135 horsepower. Giving a ratio of 102HP/Ton. Pretty "meh". Adding in a sound system that's going to weigh:

2 18's - 150

3 D3100's - 240

1 Dsomething for the front- 40-50?

2 amps - 60

Wall/enclosure - 150

2 hi-op-Alts& bracket - 20? Possibly more?

Wiring/sound deadener/plexiglas/any other stuff that goes in - ##?

Estimating conservatively that's going to be in the 700 pound club.

Now we have an elantra weighing 3350 pounds with the same horsepower of 135. That's 80 HP/Ton. That's DISMAL!

The easiest, end of the day most efficient $/HP is forced induction. If I push 175 horsepower with an STS turbo I will only be breaking even with a STOCK Elantra. I'm curious to the numbers it could push with a turbo.

Sure I get it. It's a 2.0 inline 4 banger for Korea, front wheel drive, in a "meh" car to most people. And so I get why people are like wtf why? But I love this car. So why not do things no one has ever done before with it? When I finish this build, I feel many people would appreciate the hard work and effort that went into it.

It all depends on tune, it can be laggy as hell or spool pretty quick on the tune and compression ration being run, and if i remember righ, sts systems run cooler cause they arent at the engine bay

From what I've read this is almost their biggest selling point. Low heat, high efficiency, and it seems incredibly easy to install. To quote them:

"Lower underhood temperatures.  No need to worry about melting wires, hoses, or other engine components, as with a front-mounted turbo.

Ease of installation. STS turbo systems can be installed in about 8 hours with standard tools and average mechanical ability. "

I'm sure you get a LOT of shit, lol. What year elantra?

2005. Sedan, not the hatchback, and It's the "GT" trim which is a bunch of bs marketing, pretty sure all they did was give it a leather interior, and "sports tuned" suspension (riiiiiight).

If you notice everyone saying they noticed only small amounts of lag it was in relation to a v8 vehicle. The larger engine will push more exhaust faster thus spooling the turbo more quickly, you might want to talk to someone at STS about rear mounted turbos on 4 cyl cars...

One day I will have a REAL car audio system....

Also, don't forget about the supporting mods you need to handle more power. This especially gets rough if your say, transmission isn't up to the task of all the extra weight and power.

Definitely considering everything if I were to go with forced induction. I am going to be doing a custom intake and exhaust and seeing how much horsepower that is going to give me. If it puts me within reasonable power for adding in 700 pounds to the car then I won't have to worry about additional power..but if it doesn't, I may have to either start my entire project on a different vehicle, or, swallow the $ bullet and go all out on the Elantra.

STS got back to me and they said the definitely have people buy kits and install them on inline 4's although they don't have specs on horsepower increases or performance.

*sigh*

:unknw:

Edited by dubknight