Sonic Electronix

Whats the point of knowing the peak of ur cars cabin

My truck measures at 14' and peaks at 41Hz on the dash. Calculators for 1/2 wave works to 40.4 Hz. Seems pretty close to me :shrug: lol

i will post test vids when I get them uploaded. Have them on the camera from a week or 2 ago.

got any results for hatchbacks or sedans?

Not on hand. I got a 90s model civic I can get my hands on and put a test enclosure in but, it was a weird one and didnt work. My 300c works though. With seat box it was 5'6" and peaked at 53Hz. 1/4 wave for that lenght is 51.4Hz

My truck measures at 14' and peaks at 41Hz on the dash. Calculators for 1/2 wave works to 40.4 Hz. Seems pretty close to me :shrug: lol

i will post test vids when I get them uploaded. Have them on the camera from a week or 2 ago.

Not on hand. I got a 90s model civic I can get my hands on and put a test enclosure in but, it was a weird one and didnt work. My 300c works though. With seat box it was 5'6" and peaked at 53Hz. 1/4 wave for that lenght is 51.4Hz

so far you yourself have provided information that suggests it works about 50% of the time... what happened to your 99% claim?

so far you yourself have provided information that suggests it works about 50% of the time... what happened to your 99% claim?

I have done far more that work then just those. Those are just the ones I can go to the drive way right now on that I could go put a tape too lol

I think it will work as claimed for walls but may be a hit or miss for any other setup because of how things are oriented.

Also, what about the wave in a ported box? The port of a ported box is way more efficient than the sub itself, is it not? Why is the distance from the center of the subwoofer cone to the intended area the only thing that matters in this theory?

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

I have done far more that work then just those. Those are just the ones I can go to the drive way right now on that I could go put a tape too lol

Dont forget I put out the 44Hz to an explorer too in my very first post of this thead, yhat was then backed up by another here after measuring lol Worked out about the same as the one i measured and tested.

I think it will work as claimed for walls but may be a hit or miss for any other setup because of how things are oriented.

Also, what about the wave in a ported box? The port of a ported box is way more efficient than the sub itself, is it not? Why is the distance from the center of the subwoofer cone to the intended area the only thing that matters in this theory?

exactly, what about the fact that the back wave of the sub is probably 30 degrees out of phase to the front wave or something.

the distance from the front of the sub, to the windscreen is one thing, but what about the distance from the back of the sub, bouncing off the back of the box and out of the port.

AMI said center of cone not me for the record lol. Really depends on application though. Walls this seems to WORK REALLY well. Specially if it is sealed properly. I have not seen it not work well on an suv either. Trunks are tricky little buggers and the smallish hatchbacks seem to be a bit weird too. But all and all it is a great method. It can be very usefull, but sometimes there are factors playing against it that I nor anyone here I think can fully understand to be 100% without testing.

AMI said center of cone not me for the record lol. Really depends on application though. Walls this seems to WORK REALLY well. Specially if it is sealed properly. I have not seen it not work well on an suv either. Trunks are tricky little buggers and the smallish hatchbacks seem to be a bit weird too. But all and all it is a great method. It can be very usefull, but sometimes there are factors playing against it that I nor anyone here I think can fully understand to be 100% without testing.

what about an unsealed wall?

distance of 4 feet from the woofers to the windscreen maybe, 4.5feet?

wait, so it works on SUVs, but not hatches or sedans... we're down to 30% now...

walled.jpg

2gen 4 doors explorer resonant frequency it´s 51-52 hz, not only mine, but A LOT of db drag racing guys explorers peaks it´s the same, i have my own theory about wave lenght, they might work very well on a wall just like AMI´s car since it´s right at B pillar and you only have 2 seats, 2 doors and the dash, but on a c pillar build you have more seats, doors, seat belts, carpet,etc etc etc.

Why i´m saying that? well, wavelenght can give you a starting point but the peak of the car changes a lot depending on tons of factors like the ones i mentioned, also, my explorer seems to love peaking at 51 hz with small and medium size boxes, with big boxes peaks at 48 hz no matter what i do, this was done with moderated power, remember that aplying more power drops your peak frequency ;)

And to a couple of guys writing over here too, just because you are peaking at a certain frequency it doesn´t mean that´s the car resonant frequency, it´s only where your box it´s peaking, want a better example???? my suzuki swift´s peak it´s 59 hz, managed to get A LOT of good burp numbers with it, now it´s a ground pounder peaking at 43 hz, this doesn´t mean that the RF of the car it´s 43 hz, it´s just my box peak :drinks:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived