Second Skin Audio

Quick question about power handling....

Tomorrow Im hooking up a hifonics 2000rms amp to a kicker s10xsp 10" which is only rated at 1500rms in a coworkers focus. My question is will it take the power or what? I dont have experience with kicker at all, only FI and Ascendant Audio which i know can can more then rated fine for hours. Also about the focus itself which is a 2000-2005 is there a hole already for power cable in the firewall or will i have to cut one? Thank you very much for any help because i dont have much time for install and want to know whats up first...

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Tomorrow Im hooking up a hifonics 2000rms amp to a kicker s10xsp 10" which is only rated at 1500rms in a coworkers focus. My question is will it take the power or what? I dont have experience with kicker at all, only FI and Ascendant Audio which i know can can more then rated fine for hours. Also about the focus itself which is a 2000-2005 is there a hole already for power cable in the firewall or will i have to cut one? Thank you very much for any help because i dont have much time for install and want to know whats up first...

You need to make a hole for the power wire. The hifonics will likely NOT do rated, and the sub will likely take the rated watts. I would set the amp until it begins to clip with the HU set flat. You won't be cranking the gain. I think you'd be lucky to set the gain above half to 3/4. What head unit is going to be used?

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

I never looked inside the ride. Probably should have, i only looked at the powerwire she bought which was a knukoncepts 1/0 kit and the sub. Im selling her one of my kinetik 1800's. I heard some hifonics actually did rated which is why im asking these questions.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

The Brutus (newer models) do rated. The hfi series generally does not. A 4 awg kit would probably be fine for that. Running 0 for that is just going to be a pain.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Archived