EQ recommendation

Just run an eq on the front stage, use the backs as a fill and keep little power to them. There is really no need for any rear speakers in an SQ setup, all your sound should be center/front with your sub stage acting as a rear fill. But as for an EQ, it depends on budget! Audiocontrol is prolly your best bet for quality, but you'll be spending a fortune! With my car Im using an Alesis MEQ-230. The Alesis is used mainly for concert tuning in PA setups, but with a Ac/dc inverter can be used in a car! But if you want digital Alesis also makes a DEQ-230. The EQ is a dual 30 band 1/3 octave eq. So tuning is not easy, but very precise.

Hell, my set-up consists of a pair of composite 6.5" in front, my Alesis and a single 12" sub. But, when tuned correctly, shall sound like youre in a recording studio. Im just waiting to get my RTA so I may be able to start tuning, get it dialed in and maybe compete!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

I hear you- so you're saying put an EQ on the front RCA channel, and just have the amp's crossover worry about the rear fill? I looked at the Audiocontrol EQL- any thoughts on that one?

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Let's say I hypothetically get the EQS. What would I then set the amp's crossovers to?

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

random bump i have a eql bought it used didnt spend all that much, it is a great little eq, only wear on it are mounting locations and in my next build you wnt even see them so good deal for me. used it in my last car for a week, lol was driving around with out passenger or rear seats. so funny.