MAY14th Meca BAY AREA CALI!!!

ALPINE408

A big thank you to everyone for coming out :) I am hoping to put another one on in about a month to a month and a half :)

a quick thing about the SQ vehicles for demo, my recommendation is, come by in the mid to late afternoon for demos.

the reason is, almost no one wants to give a demo before their car is judged for sound, simply put, there have been quite a few instances where demos were given and some settings were accidentally tripped, or changed, and then the car suffered mightily in the lanes.

but any SQ cars, especially anyone that i built, will be more than happy to let you listen all day once they are done being judged, just come up and ask. :) but i know what you guys mean and i promise i will do a better job next time of more actively offering demos with the sq guys.

Bing

so these guys dont know thier cars enough to know what settings to get it back to what they had?

seriously not that hard in any case scenario i have seen. As THEY are doing all the touching you are just sitting and listening.

some of them dont actually, many guys are customers who did not build and espeically did not tune their cars themselves.

also, a lot of times they dont know a setting have been changed until its too late. a small change on a dial on a dsp can result in a half a millisecond bump in time alignment, or change to an alternate setting meant for double seat, or even simply, what happened at the sacramento autorama with one of the car i built, the MDX, where the stock volume control is set a precise level and we use the jl cleansweep knob as MVC. he gave quite a few demos before the judging, and we walked away after judging with some interesting comments. when i got back into the car to confirm whats going on, i realized that someone who listened to the car used the stock volume control and left it on a totally different number, as a result, the signal that was being sent out to the rest of the system was completely altered, resulting in quite a few issues. the customer didnt know because one, it was his first time competing and he is not trained to recognize the small details yet, and two, he went from giving demos to being judged, no time to really double check. to almost anyone, the differences are VERY subtle perhaps even unnoticeble, but, it make a difference when it comes to the judges :)

But even beyond things like that happening, the judges can also prefer that he be the first one to listen to the car, that way, you dont get people using "oh some guy listened to my car and changed settings and thats why i scored low" as a lame excuse :)

I just wanna make sure that there is no misunderstanding here, that no SQ guy is trying to make it a secret society but its just how this side works. The SQ cars dont usually give any demos to OTHER SQ guys before the judging, unless they are team mates or tuners. :)I hope you can understand it just as i want all SQ guys to understand the science and the fun of the SPL side as well :)

James, come by the SQ area next show in SJ in the early afternoon and find me, i will make sure you get a chance to demo any car that i built for any lengths of time you like :) you can also demo my own car before or after its being judged, as its almost impossible to screw my car up :)

b

Great time yesterday bing.

Thanks again.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Great time yesterday bing.

Thanks again.

hell yeah, too bad i was so busy running around i hardly had time to check out anything or talk to anyone.

see you next time bro! :)

b

no one has any more vids or pics?

Here's some pics that I took. I was really late for the event but it was worth being there!

Dc98hoe 4 18s xl's & batteries

IMAG0316.jpg

SkittlesRgood 2 12s & batteries

IMAG0324.jpg

Custom doors with a 8" 2-6 1/2's and a 4 channel amp

IMAG0318.jpg

IMAG0322.jpg

No car at the moment.

New system:

2 Skar Audio VVX-12s

Crescendo bc2000d

Carquest NGT battery (back)