Sundown Audio

MMats d300hc modded

Has anyone benched this amp. I just picked one up for a steal. I know it doesnt have the internal protection anymore so i have to be cautious. Any input on what wattage produced, if it will hold the 2ohm load and what size fuse to run to possibly keep it from blowing? Please help

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

• 1 year later...

They bench at 1748 W @ 14.4V. If you have it modded it will probably put out a little more than that a @ 1 ohm. RMS is definitely 1400 @ 2 ohm. I have mine running at 1 ohm currently and its definitely putting out more than 1500 RMS

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

300 is 2ohm stable, 200 is 1ohm stable... The mod lets you take the 300 down to .5ohm or less, but it's below spec so it could easily blow up. 200a fuse as mentioned is more than enough. Generally speaking the fuse won't save you from blowing up your amp, but it will keep your car from catching on fire.

I ran mine around .75 for like 8 years or something. It died when I was getting a jump and the guy on the other car grounded mine out. I swapped it for a 1400.1 I had in the closet and it's been running at .75 since (it was running at .5 prior) so another 5 years give or take.

Best I ever saw out of my 300 was just over 1800 at 15.x volts. I'm pretty sure when they came out though they were rated at 1200 not 1400 even though they became 1400 (.5/.1/.2). Could be wrong though...

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

• 3 weeks later...

If I may ask..how much you get it for?=]