Second Skin Audio

Could someone design a T-Line enclosure for me?

What do you think would be better the higher tuning in a t-line or just the port? pluas would a ported box tuned to 30 hz blow hair?

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

more than just enclosure and tuning goes into blowing hair

i know t-lines get loud, but i dont know how much that changes when you tune higher, also depends on what sort of ported box, i think some perform better than others

i have an L-port in my plans i drew up its 7.1 cubic feet tuned to 32 hertz, i think it should get down pretty good. Ive actually never had a REAL system, so i actually don't know what loud is but i think it should be good.

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

I know 94retta, Iam giving you a hard time lol

I would also go ported for a 18" as well. In that trunk, at least my girlfriends 98' I have been wanted to do a false floor box and do a 18" all stealth like in there. That may be your best bet

With a false floor, you should be able to get about 5cf and only raise the floor by 4" + the layer of mdf and the carpet or whatever. Maybe do something sick like from the cone, to the fold down area do a horn? lol That would be sick if you can imagine it ;)

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I have an Fully loaded 18" FI BTL N2 runnin on an AQ 3400 at 1 ohm.

Forevrbumpn, can youecplain to me the horn idea, and the false floor

is the fals floor when it looks like sub is just coming out of the floor, when you really just raised it? because iw as thinking about doing that.

If you could explain to me the idea of "Maybe do something sick like from the cone, to the fold down area do a horn? lol That would be sick if you can imagine it ;) " maybe i could give it a shot, im just not fully understaning the horn part and the fold down area.

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Foreverbumb teach me. Lol

Im just not seeing the point of tuning a tline high when you could port low and throw more power at the sub...

Op what kinna btl you got?

I know, most people dont on this aspect of a t line, but most people think of acoustics like a house(when it cones to tlines). A house likes low tuning better, and home subs are usually lower tuned. Also in a larger room environment, a Horn, or tapered t line would work best. A regular straight line- t line that is tuned to a car subs Fs of say 35hz, doesn't sound as good in a house as a 12" tuned to its fs of say 25hz in a horn.

In a car environment, well, the cabin peaks, and the car subwoofers are usually based around 10 - 15hz higher.

So in a car, a t line sounds best in the 30 - 45hz range, while an suv or van, lower tuning would be better 25 - 35hz

So yeah, big subs in sedans/cars would be better off in a ported

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Oh so kinna like what im doing in my car?? (;

I know 94retta, Iam giving you a hard time lol

I would also go ported for a 18" as well. In that trunk, at least my girlfriends 98' I have been wanted to do a false floor box and do a 18" all stealth like in there. That may be your best bet

With a false floor, you should be able to get about 5cf and only raise the floor by 4" + the layer of mdf and the carpet or whatever. Maybe do something sick like from the cone, to the fold down area do a horn? lol That would be sick if you can imagine it ;)

could you still explain the false floor idea? I realize you are very smart with your car audio and have vast knowledge lol. Thank god for people like you haha.

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's