Sonic Electronix

Reason why the SMD disortion listener needs to come out now.. lol

Its people like you who try to screw over companies with warranty loop holes that ruin it for the rest of us with legit issues

Hey bud, I paid for the damn thing, if I wanna give it a shot ill give it a shot. So dont get butt hurt.

Im not trying to screw over anyone, I feel that the amp shouldnt have done that considering the gain was still halfway down..

Also considering when it happened I was hardly playing them at what.. volume 10-15.. and they normally take alot more..

Legit enough for me.. They werent going through hell.. Kinda disappointed in the subs.

Not to mention a few people on this site in the first place saying my amp wont even put out its full potential, and will prolly put out slightly less rms than the subs are capable of.

BTW that video is epic....

"holy shit that is a lot of smoke"

Bahaha, you let out the magical blue smoke. Once you do that, you appliances no longer work!

That sucks man, I am on set number 3 with my amp. I keep buying cheap subs, guess that is what I get...

BTW pioneer subs rated for 300 watts RMS don't like it when you feed them 900Watts RMS....Just sayin...I did the same thing too.

Lol yea.. thanks man.

Mine are the champ series pro rated 1krms each.

Vehicle: 2002 Volvo S60 2.4t awd.
Headunit: Kenwood DDX-470
Doors: 4x Focal 6.5s/tweets (Adding)
Sub: 2x Sundown Zv4 12's D1
Amps: B2 Zero.1, MB Quart OA600.4
Box: 5.2ish @ 32, Made with Maple, solid oak braces, 45s all around, 2x 5.8" pipes, all fiberglassed up.
Battery: XS D3100, Block Shakers 110AH
Alternator: 250A Excessive Amperage.

All Sky High OFC Wiring.

My Build, plenty of pics: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/198281-2002-volvo-s60-awd-24t-build-log/

I had 900 watts running to one of the regular ones, just to see how long it would last. Well I didn't even have the amp turned up half way, and it bumped good at about 450 or 500 RMS for a few days. Then, I did a bass test....and turned my bass boost knob up half way....The bass test was no longer a bass test, as much as a mids and highs test after that. I wish I would have video'd that shiz, it was funny....But I give Pioneer credit. Their cheapest 12" sub took a beating for 3 days at about 500 RMS and sounded good doing it.

Alas, the smoke has cleared, and now there is no bump in my trunk....

Thread unhijacked.

BassinBlazer

JL[RF][Kenwood][AQ]

I need a new amp! Sell me your amp!

Its people like you who try to screw over companies with warranty loop holes that ruin it for the rest of us with legit issues

Hey bud, I paid for the damn thing, if I wanna give it a shot ill give it a shot. So dont get butt hurt.

Im not trying to screw over anyone, I feel that the amp shouldnt have done that considering the gain was still halfway down..

Also considering when it happened I was hardly playing them at what.. volume 10-15.. and they normally take alot more..

Legit enough for me.. They werent going through hell.. Kinda disappointed in the subs.

Not to mention a few people on this site in the first place saying my amp wont even put out its full potential, and will prolly put out slightly less rms than the subs are capable of.

User error is not covered in warranties.

Go ahead and tell them that people on a forum told you it wouldn't put out full power so you thought it would be ok. I want to know what they say that just might do it though keep us updated on that

you win some, you lose some

I had 900 watts running to one of the regular ones, just to see how long it would last. Well I didn't even have the amp turned up half way, and it bumped good at about 450 or 500 RMS for a few days. Then, I did a bass test....and turned my bass boost knob up half way....The bass test was no longer a bass test, as much as a mids and highs test after that. I wish I would have video'd that shiz, it was funny....But I give Pioneer credit. Their cheapest 12" sub took a beating for 3 days at about 500 RMS and sounded good doing it.

Alas, the smoke has cleared, and now there is no bump in my trunk....

Thread unhijacked.

Yeah ive had those. They made some noise for pretty damn cheap lol. Actually I still got 1 left. Might use it around the house.

Box: 5.2ish @ 32, Made with Maple, solid oak braces, 45s all around, 2x 5.8" pipes, all fiberglassed up.

All Sky High OFC Wiring.

My Build, plenty of pics: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/198281-2002-volvo-s60-awd-24t-build-log/

Go ahead and tell them that people on a forum told you it wouldn't put out full power so you thought it would be ok. I want to know what they say that just might do it though keep us updated on that

Kind of true, but whatever. It's your call. May I ask though, how many watts RMS is your amp?

Edited by bassinblazer

BassinBlazer

JL[RF][Kenwood][AQ]

I was just sayin there smartass.. Besides get off my ass man, holy shit. You must have a very large brain to hold so much ignorance.

Like I said, they prolly wont cover it but it doesnt hurt to call and see.. Is that so wrong?

Kind of true, but whatever. It's your call. May I ask though, how many watts RMS is your amp?

Thats the thing.. 2500rms, but ive never came close to giving the amp full power.

Edited by JMac91

All Sky High OFC Wiring.

you over powered it and were not covering it.

Silly warrantees..

If I were a dealer/manufacturer, I wouldnt cover it. How is it their fault that you dont know how to tune an amp and make a proper box?

Re-read your warranty and check what it says about you damaging the woofer.

So no need to bash, it was my fault,

but TECHNICALLY wasnt.

ill attempt to fix the god damned subs.

Please tell me where I "bashed" you. I just made a simple response and gave you advice on how to check your warranty.

If you wanna get bashed, Ill do it...happily

How wasnt that "technically" not your fault? Are you going to try to blame the amp, which you tuned?

Why so hostile? :trippy:

Edited by hdorre
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I was just sayin there smartass.. Besides get off my ass man, holy shit. You must have a very large brain to hold so much ignorance

Like I said, they prolly wont cover it but it doesnt hurt to call and see.. Is that so wrong?

I think you meant arrogance

But nothing wrong with seeing if they will but when you start using loopholes to your ignorance of product usage than that's wrong. Warranties aren't there to protect the user from them selves. But to protect the user and company from defective products.

you win some, you lose some

Well from what I am seeing, I would throw a tester on your amp, supposing you haven't touched it, and see what it is actually putting out. If it equates to at or less than 2K rms, then you should be good. If not, then it wouldn't be covered.

BassinBlazer

JL[RF][Kenwood][AQ]