Second Skin Audio

New mat?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Would you guys like a new sound deadener mat?

Is this product coming soon or is it still up in the air? I am in the market to buy some deadening and would wait for the new tiles if they are going to be produced.

As of right now, all I know is that it's up in the air (along with pricing).

With the feedback and comments we are receiving, I wouldn't be surprised to see a small production run of this new SPL tile in the near future.

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

38899224190_large.jpg

I voted yes, I would like to try some out, I have around 30+ lbs of damp pro inside this door alone(inter skin), there is 3+ layers, actually forgot after 2 and half lol. And then another layer on the outer skin. I used it solely to help with loading and stop flex. It would be nice to use less layers and cut the time down considerably considering it was a bit of a pain to get inside the door. I actually have 5 gallons of spectrum and was planning on using that, but there is too much stuff in the door I was concerned about getting that spray on that it shouldn't be on. I would class myself as one of the SPL nut jobs, so I would really like to see a product like this.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

38899224190_large.jpg

I voted yes, I would like to try some out, I have around 30+ lbs of damp pro inside this door alone(inter skin), there is 3+ layers, actually forgot after 2 and half lol. And then another layer on the outer skin. I used it solely to help with loading and stop flex. It would be nice to use less layers and cut the time down considerably considering it was a bit of a pain to get inside the door. I actually have 5 gallons of spectrum and was planning on using that, but there is too much stuff in the door I was concerned about getting that spray on that it shouldn't be on. I would class myself as one of the SPL nut jobs, so I would really like to see a product like this.

NICE!

This is definitely one of those situations where this product would be the best choice for.

Side note, how are those door hinges holding up? ;):lol: I know there are a lot of people who are concerned about adding maybe a quarter of that weight to their doors thinking they are just going to fall off. Most door hinges can easily support the weight of a full grown man, so there should be no concern.

usa_render4.png

One bump just to see if I can't get some more people to vote. ;)

usa_render4.png

You think that would help on the rear quarter panels that I'm helping my friend with? the way we see it we can get a whole sheet in there of DP but it would most likely need another layer. This new stuff seems very promising.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

You think that would help on the rear quarter panels that I'm helping my friend with? the way we see it we can get a whole sheet in there of DP but it would most likely need another layer. This new stuff seems very promising.

The new mat (if it goes into production) would help with the issue you and your friend are having in the Mazda 3. It would completely eliminate your need of slapping on layers and layers of mat.

Hopefully this all of this data, info, and feedback everyone is providing will give them (the decision makers) the necessary info as to whether or not to pull the trigger on this product or wait.

Thanks again for your time and feedback everybody, it's greatly appreciated!

usa_render4.png

• 4 weeks later...

Just now seeing this thread. From what ive heard about the SPL tiles, they were a very good product that everyone loved. I plan on having atleast 3 layers on my doors and have a shop pack of deadener in my basement as we speak to load my car with anytime soon and I was planning on buying even more very soon. If this product were to come out, being able to buy several packs of this vs another shop pack would be wonderful.

Now just give me some free MLV LL pro and im ready to place my order. :pardon::woot::lol:

Just now seeing this thread. From what ive heard about the SPL tiles, they were a very good product that everyone loved. I plan on having atleast 3 layers on my doors and have a shop pack of deadener in my basement as we speak to load my car with anytime soon and I was planning on buying even more very soon. If this product were to come out, being able to buy several packs of this vs another shop pack would be wonderful.

Now just give me some free MLV LL pro and im ready to place my order. :pardon::woot::lol:

I do believe that if these go into production they will be sold per tile and/or in multiple packs.

We'll get right on the Free LLP Promo... <_<:rofl:

usa_render4.png

I am getting close to a system re-do. I'd love to see the price and "IF" it will be procuced and when will it be available. :clapping:

Steven

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao: