Help needed from the SQ guru's

in all honesty the 5.1 isnt an amp id use for the 3 way setup, unless you are wanting to just go passive and run the fronts off the b channels and rears off the A.

I have the 5.1k on an XL set Active where the A channel is my Tweeters and the B is my Mids. i also run 2 HX250s on the sub section. sounds great

Eventually i'll purchase a Mille set again and add a ML70 3" run my 5.1k and another amp probably an SR2 though an MS8. Said plan has always been in the back of my mind but i actually like how my 2 way secups sound so havent been able to justify the jump to 3 way and work of making new pillars.

I are sq guy, if you are using your doors as an enclosure you need a shit ton of deadener to make it 100% stiff so it doesn't resonate and cloud your midbass

If your using a "shit ton" then your doing it wrong. There's much more to it than just CLD, like the SS guy said there is MLV CCF and never cure clay that will get exactly what your looking for. In fact i got amazing results with just one sheet of Damp Pro, duct tape, and that clay on my doors.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

I don't have any on my doors. I built sealed enclosures for my mids and that in itself (for the mids I use- Silver Flutes)was the best thing I ever did. My rear side door and some of the roof panel sections are what I hear rattle. I do have deadner planned, just not yet.

I had a 3 way front end and switched a lot of things out. Went from the PG RSD6.5c set as the midbass/tweet and the PG RSD3 for the midrange and it sounded really good. I got tired of the look of having a 3" mid in my A-pillars and went back to a 2 way set up. This 2 way set up is the best I've ever had. For once my bass sounds as if it's coming from up front. This could also contribute to the fact that with the PG mids they were free-air'in in the door and the current mids are now in a sealed enclosure, so that in itself is a big change. The tweets I use are the PG Elite's in the A-pillar, Silver Flute 6 1/2"s in the doors. Chs A&B run the tweets, Chs C&D run the mids and the Sub Ch runs my 2 TREO 12.22 SSi's.

Now on to the subs, I have mine in a ported box, tuned to 36Hz and after a bit of EQing, it's the tightest, best sounding setup I've ever heard. They can get loud as hell when called upon, just get over that 140 dB mark, but I'm set up/tuned for SQ.

I run the factory rears off off my HU, I can't hear them at all, and that's the way I like it, but it's only for the kids for when I play DVD's on the way to G-ma's house (2 hrs away).

www.phoenixphorum.com

Setup

HU: Eclipse AVN6620

Amp: Audison LRx5.1k

Mids: 6 1/2" Silver Flute's

Tweets: Clarion SSS601

No rears

Subs: (2) TREO SSi12.22's

Processing: Audio Control DQS, Phoenix Gold BassCube

Clarion Collector

HEAD UNITS:

7770 w/920EQ w/2nd 920EQ display