Making sure I did this right...

Thanks!

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

np bro

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Would this bolt be ok? And do I run it to the car or the battery negative? Thanks!

SDC10022-1.jpg

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

Everyones say it look o.k but to me it isn't. I'm not hatin'... I kinda hard to see how battery post are connected with the clamp. Usually it suppose to stay flat than vertical.. That wire you put on the engine head wouldn't seem do anything for grounding. The last picture you should on the alternator wouldn't be good spot for you grounding. Find a bolt on the engine block to the chassis..

Well, I undid everything, something wasn't right, prob catchin a bad ground somewhere but it was weird, headlights were dimming BAD, even though voltage was staying between 13.4 and 14.1...? I'm just going to wait until I'm around someone that for sure knows what they're doin... Cuz I don't.

Because i told you that you connections isn't set right..

Well, I never wired anything other than power to my alternator. So are you saying just that wire running to the top of the motor "wrong spot" could have caused the dimming? Or how everything is wired at the battery clamp? Sorry, just having a hard time understanding what you are saying...

Because i told you that you connections isn't set right..

Well, I never wired anything other than power to my alternator. So are you saying just that wire running to the top of the motor "wrong spot" could have caused the dimming? Or how everything is wired at the battery clamp? Sorry, just having a hard time understanding what you are saying...

The top wire on top the engine head look like it might not be good for grounding. Is connected to the chassis too. I assume you're trying complete the big 3. YOur positive wire isn't hook with the 0 guage would cause the light to dim for sure. Try hooking that up and see if the light doesn't dimm. THe last photo you posted for alternator would be good spot for the ground on it. FInd a bolt on the engine block..

I appreciate your attempts to help but I am having trouble understanding what you are trying to say. All I really got from that was the black wire going to the top of the motor is not a good ground. There is a factory ground already there, so while it may not be the best ground, it's a ground. Are you just saying locate a better one? And the positive wire (0 gauge from alternator) was hooked to the positive on the battery, and fused @ 300 amps.