Subs in backseat of truck

When I went to High school i had 4 crappy 12" sony xplodes.. (I know how they got there names..). and i never turned it down going anywhere. Everyone knew I had them. There were multiple cars that got there stuff jacked, but i was never one of them. So I guess its just the luck of the draw.. really. Mine were in a trunk though.

I mean, at least in a trunk, you can't see what it is to determine if it's worth going to jail to take or not. In a TRUCK, like a backseat, you can see everything fine, and even if you can't, you just break a window and you can check it out in a short amount of time. At least if its in a trunk, you have to break a window, open the trunk, go around, look at everything, etc. That would give me enough time to stop whatever I'm doing and grab a bat on the way and save my system. Am I just speaking words or does this make sense? Haha

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

When I went to High school i had 4 crappy 12" sony xplodes.. (I know how they got there names..). and i never turned it down going anywhere. Everyone knew I had them. There were multiple cars that got there stuff jacked, but i was never one of them. So I guess its just the luck of the draw.. really. Mine were in a trunk though.

I mean, at least in a trunk, you can't see what it is to determine if it's worth going to jail to take or not. In a TRUCK, like a backseat, you can see everything fine, and even if you can't, you just break a window and you can check it out in a short amount of time. At least if its in a trunk, you have to break a window, open the trunk, go around, look at everything, etc. That would give me enough time to stop whatever I'm doing and grab a bat on the way and save my system. Am I just speaking words or does this make sense? Haha

http://www.gizmo-central.com/diy-gizmos/build-your-own-hidden-beer-fridge/

^^^ just hide it with some boxes like the college kids do in dorms :)

A car alarm? Lol

If wired correctly and with attachments, it'd be almost impossible to disarm.

Don't put stickers on your car

Don't show it off at your school

Don't play it while going into a parking lot to park somewhere...

Don't play it while in your own neighborhood.

Throw a blanket over it if your going to be gone for a while?

x2

This is the best way to protect your gear. But I understand that it would suck to have all that but not be able to show it off. Be a little cautious of where you show off, and at school find a really conspicuous place to park so if anything happens someone will see. Also, get a 2 way alarm. Don't be afraid to bolt if you hear it go off... I'd take detention over having my system stolen any day.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

I'd forget the civic... drop that taco on 20s, bag it, and wall it.:woot:

Can't you just unbolt the rear seats and take 'em out? Your box would sit lower and not be as conspicuous...

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

do like i did my setup, a downfire box with amps mounted under it

u have to take out both front seats to get the box out to even get to the speakers and they sound killer like this in those trucks too

my cuzin had the 4wd version of the truck ur talking about and with a mejestic 600w and a orion 2nt 15 in a downfire box it was loud as hell

downfire boxs work better in these trucks due to the sound not wanting to couple right with regular boxs

from all the different boxs ive had in my truck and different setups a sealed downfire was the best one, sealed aint always bad, and mount ur amps under the box and wala

how i did mine i set my drivers seat where i like it the most, then i measured from top and bottom depth, then the hight i wanted and then i went to the recomended box for the sub and did some tweeking and it works good, sounds killer on every song ive played on it, but my box was devided tho, better to help with flex and what knot

i dunno the spl values with a box like this but it sound pritty damn good and moves some air too

my new box will either be a forward faceing box ported to drivers side or a downfire sealed, doing to work some things out

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i really like that idea of using diffrent types of screws. never thought of that. very very good idea.

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

I still don't know what to do besides a blanket and bolting it down to something. I was also thinking about doing something sort of like the pic in the link dkhan gave me (http://www.gizmo-central.com/diy-gizmos/build-your-own-hidden-beer-fridge/) . Like, build the box, put some cardboard on each side, then get another piece of wood that I can fit over the whole box, and also add some cardboard to that and put it on when I'm not using it. And tint the back windows. Anybody have any other advice?

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

go on ebay and buy an alarm system for less than $100, i did, actually i got the kit that contained power door locks too so that if i hit the button it locks the doors and arms the alarm and it was less than $100, so to me that seems like the best route to go, i mean whats $100 and a couple hours work compaired to replacing your sound system? but thats my $0.02

Currently: 2012 mazda 3 skyactiv sport

Mtx 300 amp

10" alpine sub

Stock head unit

Everything else stock

(RIP) 1997 Ford ranger splash reg cab

mtx 300 amp

10" alpine sub

Sony deck

Sirius player placed in where my passenger airbag should be

Aftermarket power door locks

Aftermarket alarm

if your only going to have the car for 6 months why put it in at all? just buy some decent 5x7's and put them in the back doors and a component system up front. best way to avoid having stuff stolen is for there to be nothing to steal. build a nice box for the car your GOING to have and just keep it in the garage. that way its built just for that car.

seems alot easier that way. if its just a A to B car then whats the point in having anything in it thats nicer than the truck itself. i had a standard ported box just sittin on the bench seats in my truck and it sounded like garbage. i would just wait man. IMO

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Take your back seats OUT since they will be useless anyway and bolt that bish to the floor. Don't hook up any neon lights that may stay on when you get out of your truck, make sure your amp doesn't have one. Get a carpet on that box that matches the interior, tint the windows, and a cheap car alarm helps.

BassinBlazer

JL[RF][Kenwood][AQ]

I need a new amp! Sell me your amp!

Archived