Second Skin Audio

System ideas for the Cavalier?

The aq and dc amps are mono amplifiers, meaning that although they have connections for 2 subs, those two terminals are internally bridged. You connect the subs according to krannys diagram to one of the negative terminals and one of the positives on the right.

I'd go either d1s or d7s. Two dual ones will wire down to 1 ohm, and d7s down to 7 ohms, which the aqs can take if you set your gains correctly.

The aq and dc amps are mono amplifiers, meaning that although they have connections for 2 subs, those two terminals are internally bridged. You connect the subs according to krannys diagram to one of the negative terminals and one of the positives on the right.

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner :drinks:

And, about the cavi, those are loud as hell for been a trunk car, i would ask Rusty Flowers for some box plans believe it or not, i know he had a loud ass system on his wife´s cavalier, that should be a very nice input :)

By the way, great choice of amp!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Or you could wall it with 18s :pardon:

^thought about it! i could run the same 3500 amp, and get 2 xl 18's, but i dont know if im capable of constructing a wall yet, i'd need a lot of help!

It's a bitch, but if you take your time and plan it out it's not too bad. Took me a few weeks to design and get the wood cut, and probably 12 hours to build it. (not including all the extra time I put into it afterwards modifying it)

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

i will definitely be calling rusty about this one! and ill probably stick with trunk, instead of the wall for this build.

i could always wall my next one though.

--and the amp choice is because i met j00bles in college and hes runnin an aq3500 to his walled xl 18's and runs 152 on music..

smdbanner1.jpg

And walls are easy. May be a bitched if youve never done one, with no help, plans, or instructions to follow. I personally would rather wall off two 18s...maybe even AQ HDs...

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?