since the .45acp is a low pressure round is a 3'' barrel going to kick much at all? I've shot 5'' barrels but never a 3''

the gun I'm looking at is a kimber with a 3'' bull barrel

DSC08324.JPG

Edited by wenn_du_weinst

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

5'6'' :(

will this fit that gun?

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Speed-Chute-Flat-Compact-Bullet-Proof-Stainless/productinfo/366SFO/

I also want to swap over to all wilson combat bullet proof as well

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

I'll have to call them and get measurements, I know wilson combat mainspring housings will fit the full size not sure on the compact one though

mcintoshsigz.png

• 3 months later...

you will be as happy as i am with kimber pistols. i love my full size.

03 Santa Fe E A 200 amp alt,JVC AVX840,kenwood 6.5 fr speakers,eclipse 6.5 rears,mids/high amp XTA-2160, sub amp XTA-5000d,0 guage throughout,batts-front/1 batcap 2000,rear/ batcap4000,2 C&D Dynasty agms, subs 2 DC XL M1 15"s in a music box tuned to 28hz....for now.

• 2 months later...

There is a slight increase in felt recoil, anytime you switch over to a shorter barreled handgun, although if you have shot a full size 1911 in .45acp and were ok with the recoil, then you will not have any problems with the commander or officer sized 1911's as well. The 3 inch barrel 1911s tend to eat up recoil springs a bit faster than the full sizes from my personal experience, although this is not an issue if you are only an occaisional shooter. And even if you wear out a spring, replacements from wolf are cheap and allow you the opportunity to play with the "weight" of the spring and tailor it to your needs. Often times a heavier spring can lighten the felt recoil while shooting, the only real downside being that there will be a slighty higher effort required to rack the slide, again, no biggie to me. And as for you wanting to upgrade to all wilson bullet proof parts, thats cool, if you want to dress it up a touch and spend money....I'd suggest you buy that gun, and shoot the fuck out of it before you go throwing new parts on it. The kimber parts are well made and will provide you with years upon years of service... that being said, one of my 1911s has nearly every wilson piece on it, they will require light hand fitting to function properly, and again, will give you years of trouble free service. More often than not, aftermarket pieces such as the thumb safety, the trigger, the slide stop, will require hand fitting to work properly, if you arent good with your hands and precise things, it is best left to a gunsmith, unless of course you dont mind botching a 45 dollar thumb safety a couple times before you get it right. Usually the material needing removed is in the hundreths to thousandths range, minuscule, so if you wanna fit them yourself, go slow and look up the how tos on you tube. there are also several books available readily to educate yourself on fitting and building custom 1911s. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to shoot me a message and Ill gladly do what I can to help you out.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO