Sundown Audio

MANNNNN. yall please give me a word of advice on this second time amp problem....

no i never oscoped it..

but i didnt have the gain turned over half way, and the bass boost was all the way down..

and im not trying to challenge your statement of the mosfets being toasted, im just asking, how do you know? like what did you look at to tell that it was that?

because last time the wire was touching it and it melted the plastic.. i thought that this was just beginning to be the same thing..

but thank you so much..

and i had it running at 1 ohm i believe... ill double check right quick..

If you did have it at a 1 ohm load, then it should have been fine, but from what I have heard those PB amps go up in smoke easily if you don't scope them. If you plan on running that much power you should invest in a scope. You don't need a top of the line one, just a simple Velleman HPS10 and a sharp eye will do. Otherwise get an amp with a clipping indicator, like an AQ 3500. Then just learn how to set your gains properly. It's pretty easy once you learn how and you'll be scoping everything cuz it's addicting.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want