Sonic Electronix

lol ya, get some fatmat and pay more for the stuff home depot sells.

second skin is cheaper than dynamat and its a better product.

Lol I wasn't considereing Fatmat,

Two options are Audio Technix and Second Skin lol.

But thanks again everyone!

Current Build:

1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon

Previous Build(s):

Crossfire Magnum

5k Pontiac G6 GT

So basically I have a few questions regarding sound deadener as the title states.

I'm thinking about deadening my trunk and 4 doors, around how many square feet would this require? It is a mid-sized sedan, Pontiac G6 GT.

Also, if I wanted to add some spray on bed liner to my vehicle would I add it under the deadener or over..?

Depending on how "all out" you go, you can easily eat up eighty to a hundred and twenty sq. ft. of material.

The trunk alone is around 40 sq. ft.

With all that said, I would personally go with a shop pack (which is eighty sq. ft). This will give you plenty of material to work with.

As for the spray on bed liner, you would want to apply it over the mat.

In all honesty though, bed liner doesn't do much for sound deadening (it's not elastomeric), but it is good as a protectant if that is what you are wanting to achieve.

If you want protection PLUS sound deadening, there are many spray on sound deadeners out there that will work awesomely. Second Skin Spectrum, Cascade Audio VB-1X, and Lizard Skin just to name a few.

Later,

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

So basically I have a few questions regarding sound deadener as the title states.

I'm thinking about deadening my trunk and 4 doors, around how many square feet would this require? It is a mid-sized sedan, Pontiac G6 GT.

Also, if I wanted to add some spray on bed liner to my vehicle would I add it under the deadener or over..?

Depending on how "all out" you go, you can easily eat up eighty to a hundred and twenty sq. ft. of material.

The trunk alone is around 40 sq. ft.

With all that said, I would personally go with a shop pack (which is eighty sq. ft). This will give you plenty of material to work with.

As for the spray on bed liner, you would want to apply it over the mat.

In all honesty though, bed liner doesn't do much for sound deadening (it's not elastomeric), but it is good as a protectant if that is what you are wanting to achieve.

If you want protection PLUS sound deadening, there are many spray on sound deadeners out there that will work awesomely. Second Skin Spectrum, Cascade Audio VB-1X, and Lizard Skin just to name a few.

Later,

This!!! :good:

15"AA havoc, AQ1200d. T3 audio 6.5 2 way componet set on rockford p400.4

I ordered a 25 sq ft roll of audio technix and it should be at my doorstep by tomorrow. I've heard good stuff about it and it's thicker and cheaper than SS Damplifier(not trying to hate on an SMD partner). Hopefully I'll have it installed by the weekend, if anyone cares I'll post results.

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

I ordered a 25 sq ft roll of audio technix and it should be at my doorstep by tomorrow. I've heard good stuff about it and it's thicker and cheaper than SS Damplifier(not trying to hate on an SMD partner). Hopefully I'll have it installed by the weekend, if anyone cares I'll post results.

Nope not hating at all. In fact let me list the comparison of the two products :)

Audio Technix

60 mils thick

4 mil foil (silver)

$2.12 a sq. ft.

Damplifier

40 mils thick

6.5 mil foil (black)

$3.50 - 2.68 a sq. ft. (depends on how much you purchase)

Damplifier is .02" (1/50th of an inch) thinner but the biggest difference is the thicker/stiffer foil of the Damplifier. When the stiffness of the foil accounts for 70%+ of the damping... I would rather have a thinner mat with a thicker foil any day of the week.

And again not hating on Audio Technix. Their product is one of the few that I would recommend instead of Damplifier because it's a butyl product and not asphalt filled, something that very few in the sound deadening field can say.

canderton01, yes people post some results when you're finished. I'd love to see them!

Later,

usa_render4.png

I have some Audio Wrap SPL forumla coming to me, which has 10mil thick aluminum on it and I'm interested to see how it will do. Second Skin definitely has me interested in the Damplifier Pro though.

On a different note, I really enjoy how factual and unbiased Jon is on this forum. It's refreshing to see a company rep not bash or belittle competing products, but only provide comparing information. Kudos!!

C9C4C3E8-3F69-494B-94BC-C53A89C67B7F-832

767908B5-3C29-4973-945F-BFBBA1D2C64C-832

I have some Audio Wrap SPL forumla coming to me, which has 10mil thick aluminum on it and I'm interested to see how it will do. Second Skin definitely has me interested in the Damplifier Pro though.

On a different note, I really enjoy how factual and unbiased Jon is on this forum. It's refreshing to see a company rep not bash or belittle competing products, but only provide comparing information. Kudos!!

I really appreciate those comments. Makes me feel like I'm actually doing my job by informing people and not just hawking a product.

I've heard a lot of good stuff about Audio Wrap's SPL mat with the 10mil foil, some stiff stuff! That and the fact they are also a "Made in the USA" company makes it all the better.

usa_render4.png

I really appreciate those comments. Makes me feel like I'm actually doing my job by informing people and not just hawking a product.

I've heard a lot of good stuff about Audio Wrap's SPL mat with the 10mil foil, some stiff stuff! That and the fact they are also a "Made in the USA" company makes it all the better.

Yeah the fact that you take your time to inform others and not be biased toward your product is very professional and helpful.

Once again thanks for all the comments and info from everyone.

Current Build:

1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon

Previous Build(s):

Crossfire Magnum

5k Pontiac G6 GT

Nope not hating at all. In fact let me list the comparison of the two products :)

Audio Technix

60 mils thick

4 mil foil (silver)

$2.12 a sq. ft.

Damplifier

40 mils thick

6.5 mil foil (black)

$3.50 - 2.68 a sq. ft. (depends on how much you purchase)

Damplifier is .02" (1/50th of an inch) thinner but the biggest difference is the thicker/stiffer foil of the Damplifier. When the stiffness of the foil accounts for 70%+ of the damping... I would rather have a thinner mat with a thicker foil any day of the week.

And again not hating on Audio Technix. Their product is one of the few that I would recommend instead of Damplifier because it's a butyl product and not asphalt filled, something that very few in the sound deadening field can say.

canderton01, yes people post some results when you're finished. I'd love to see them!

Later,

I really appreciate the way you present your product, and how you present fair comparisons while not just blatantly hating on competitors just to try and sell your products. Hopefully I'll have more money later this summer and I'll definitely consider getting some Damplifier for my doors, etc. I'm just kind of tight on money right now and I ordered a roll of Audio Technix to try out in my trunk because I got it at their introductory price. And yeah I'll definitely try to get some before/after videos when I get it installed. :drink40:

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

I just got this stuff by FedEx today and it is extremely stiff stuff. Now I just need my car back from the body shop, lol. I will take some before and after vids of the install. I got 40sq feet so I'm hoping that's enough for my trunk.

C9C4C3E8-3F69-494B-94BC-C53A89C67B7F-832

767908B5-3C29-4973-945F-BFBBA1D2C64C-832