Headlights still dimming...

do you have a bass boost on your amp? and if so is it turned up?

when did you ever think bass boost has anything to do with this man...

cause just like i told him i used to have the same issue and it was my bass boost

thats the dumbest thing i've heard of .. bass boost too high = dimming lights... i don't think so, dimming lights has everything to do within the electrical system

I am running about 1000 wrms. I have a 160 amp alternator and still having dimming issues, rarely but it pisses me off when it happens, plus my Stinger is constantly bouncing between 12.1 and 13.6 volts (sometimes drops to 11.9, rarely drops this low, goes right back up when gas is pressed)

wow.... im sorry to have to be the one to tell you this, but it sounds to me like your car has aids. sorry man....

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

cause just like i told him i used to have the same issue and it was my bass boost

thats the dumbest thing i've heard of .. bass boost too high = dimming lights... i don't think so, dimming lights has everything to do within the electrical system

when you crank the boost, the amp works harder and pulls more power. its not dumb at all.....

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

ok if thats the dumbest thing youve ever heard smart ass, then what is your amp hooked up to??? hmmm could it be your electrical

when you crank the boost, the amp works harder and pulls more power. its not dumb at all.....

thanks, you beat me to the answer

where is your amp ground bolted to?

edit: also, your big 3 ground to the little flimsy piece of metal on the body is a TERRIBLE ground. change it to the strut tower and sand off all the paint off of the metal.

Yeah it was there because I was under the impression it HAD to be mounted together WITH the factory chassis ground. If you look at this pic, you can see where I broke the bolt in the hole where the factory ground was originally so I had to make a new ground. Here is where the amp is grounded.

SDC10025.jpg

And here is the ground under my hood.

SDC10027.jpg

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

Clipping = DC Current It makes sense... seeing as the amp normally pulls AC current and I'm pretty sure headlights use DC... But that is all me.

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

LOL zombies ahead... WTF!! :rofl:

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

So I do plan to upgrade very soon to 2k. Should I go ahead and get this Kinetik HC2000 for $140? Is that a good enough deal to go ahead and buy for later? And by later we're talking about maybe 2 weeks until I upgrade amps.

I would REALLY like to know how to test the alternator output with a DMM as suggested above... Anyone know how?