Why does my car insist on being difficult

OK so Ive had my car for almost two years now and its had the same problem since Ive got it. The security system is stock i believe and it seems to have a different security fob on it, the fob has 5 buttons but that's not important. When i lock my car the button works fine on the fob but most of the time when i try and unlock it my car flashes like it received the command but it doesn't actually unlock the door for some reason so i have to manually unlock it with my key. As soon as i open the door my alarm goes off until i put my key in the ignition and start it. Any one have any idea why it does this?

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

5% Tint All Around

Current Set Up: Link

• 3 weeks later...

ive seen this happen with a few gm cars if i recall it has something with the cars bcm goin into a "sleep mode" after awhile and it doesnt seem to unlock even tho the lights flash.. have u tried pressing the unlock button once and then after a few seconds press it again once the bcm wakes up so to speak....