Sonic Electronix

Hi all,

I am a newbie when it comes to building sub box's and was wanting some input as to if I am getting the proper results for some designs I have been attempting in BassBox Pro 6.0.22. I love listening to Gucci-Mane, Plies, Decafs Collection and Bass Cube. I currently have 2 Radio Shack 8" CSW-800 subs in a prefabbed box which came new with roadmaster 8's and 2 of those long rectangular tweeters which I removed and sealed up the holes where they were at and replaced the roadmaster subs with the CSW-800 subs from Radio Shack. I am running a pioneer old school 220 watt amp to kick them with a factory Ford Taurus radio and I get lots of compliments on the sound and the hit that it produces. A lot of black folks can't believe that all that bass is comming from 2 radio shack 8's and a cheap old amp like that. I am wanting to attempt building a box myself for a Polk Audio DB104 10" - 4ohm sub and I am leaning more towards vibration and bass sound (SPL I guess). I have been told to just tune the box (which ever design I choose) to 33hz and be done with it but I still have some questions and would like some opinions on a design I think looks good but I am not sure if I am reading the graphs correct. I have chosen a vented box for this Polk Audio DB104 10" sub using 1 vent at 2.5 inch's in diameter with a length of 10.71 inch's and a box volume of 2.116cf using 3/4" thick material with an Fb of 22.63hz and the results are a maximum of 10.5dB at 21.36hz. Here is the specs:

Type: Vented Box

Shape: Cube

Vb = 2.116 cu.ft

Fb = 22.63 Hz

QL = 6.999

F3 = 9.82 Hz

Fill = none

No. of Vents = 1

Vent shape = round

Vent ends = one flush

Dv = 2.5 in

Lv = 10.71 in

Here is the TS/Parameters for the sub:

Name: db10 (4 ohm)

Type: Standard one-way driver

Company: Polk Audio

Comment: DB Series

No. of Drivers = 1

Fs = 26.7 Hz

Qms = 4.91

Vas = 44.9 liters

Cms = 0.24 mm/N

Mms = 148 g

Rms = 5.058 kg/s

Xmax = 8.7 mm

Xmech = 25.4 mm

P-Dia = 215 mm

Sd = 363 sq.cm

P-Vd = 0.316 liters

Qes = 0.409

Re = 3.7 ohms

Z = 4 ohms

BL = 15 Tm

Pe = 300 watts

Qts = 0.376

no = 0.201 %

1-W SPL = 85 dB

2.83-V SPL = 88.54 dB

Would someone please run that thru BassBox Pro or whatever box design program you have and tell me if it would be worth building according to my likes in music which I mentioned earlier, I will be using the same amplifier to drive it as mentioned earlier but also removing the 8's that I have in the car already, BTW, I have enabled the 12dB Octave Rise set at 50hz in the "Car" tab of BassBox Pro. Question: Am I doing this right, am I understanding the results correctly?

A lot of black folks?.............

.............?????

Not gonna lie. I only skimmed the OP's post, then read your comment, then had to re-read OP's post to see what you were referencing. Too funny!

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

radio shack sells subs?

try using torres (sp?)box tuning calculator i'd link it but i'm lazy right now, but just search it and you'll find it.

i've also used subwoofertools.net before. they seem pretty legit

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I am happy I made some of you laugh, lol, I did not mean any bad intentions with that remark I was just pointing out that I get most of my compliments from my african american friends (black folks).

brb....

Edited by gally

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Holy shit.. im black and i cat believe the bass from those 8s. Must have got the radio shack funky pup edition 8s..

Rebuild Log with the SMD

CURRENT..

Honda Accord Coupe

Porsche Cayenne S

Lexus CT200

Lexus ES300 (sold)

99 Lexus RX 300 (sold)

ADDING

Honda - Hertz setup, more to come

Porsche - Fi BL, XS Power, more to come

coming soon..
peep the old rebuild log of the Lexus RX