Sonic Electronix

Need Help, Headunit won't turn back on

I posted about this a while back that if I put my deck to 28/35 it will turn off sometimes when there's a heavy bass hit then it turns right back on. Today I had it on the safe level of 27 but was playing a pretty bass heavy song with a loud 30hz bass note in it and my HU turned off, then of course when it tried to turn itself on it cut off again b/c the volume was still loud, but instead it wouldn't even power up again....then about a minute later driving on the freeway it tried to turn itself on again and but cut off.

Some suggested the ground but I'm not sure if the deck finally just took a crap on me?

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

I guess I'll just let the shop I got this installed at take care of it on Monday. It's a bitch trying to remove the center console from a Caddy esp since I haven't got the slightest clue, no music :(

2015 Mazda 6

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Probably a stupid suggestion, but did you maybe blow a fuse that last time you turned it on?

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Very possible but everything seems to be working correctly in the car

2015 Mazda 6

You have multiple fuses for different parts of your electrical system. When I installed my HU my fuse blew for it, and it wouldn't turn on. I replaced the fuse and it works fine :)

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Thank you for the tip, gonna try and find out which fuse is for the radio

2015 Mazda 6

Only thing on the diagram for the fuse box close to Radio was "Audio" which was a 15amp and it looked perfectly fine.

2015 Mazda 6

Archived