Cross-Section of a Sundown X-8

Here is a cross-section of a subwoofer I made for my Illustrator final at college. It is based off the cad drawings Jacob had for the Sundown X-8 (can be found in sundown thread). I had to guess on some stuff, but I dont think its too bad. I do not know much about the materials that go into building a woofer though, lol.

Gaskins_Subwoofer.jpg

cross section next to side view, i know its not perfect, but i dont have a real side view of this subwoofer, only ones at angles, so i tried best I could

Gaskins_Cross-Section.jpg

thank you, Illustrator isnt my program of choice but I have to use it for Illustrator class, lol

I prefer to use it mainly for logos and such, but I like the vector style so I have been trying to become more versatile in the program. Other recent projects were a drawing of hayley williams from paramore, which i also put in the graphics section and then a cartoon drawing I did, but I didnt put that anywhere

I dont do much on this site, but I post some projects i do for class form time to time

thanks, id like to change the basket i know its off form the original, but i just needed to get it done for class today, plus when i was working on this, no one in my class knew what it was, lol so i think ill be fine on that looks of it

the little notches are different too

I hear ya, never hurts to know all of the different products. Been trying to self teach myself 3D rendering... :lol: it's got a heck of a learning curve.

I use to be a PS guy, but when I started getting into more print jobs, they needed vector art.

Right now with my freelance work I'm doing about 75% AI and 25% PS... so it just depends on the needs of the client.

You definitely have the talent!

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

well thank you

i would like to learn 3d rendering myself, i get the programs free through my college, just need to start trying to teach myself, because unfortunately my college only offers autocad and not 3d autocad only 2d schematics, and i would prefer to work in maya or 3d studio max

I was a graphic designer a number of years ago, but majority of the stuff i dealt with was already done (i was hired to replace someone else) majority of the client base was return customers, but i did get to do some illustrator work, but the particular company was lacking in the software department

Archived