not a civic but I have Joni yellows and ground controls on my accord for about 1000 total.... I love it.... Wish I could go lower though.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It depend on you budget. Stay away from ebay...

i beg to differ there..i have a FULL ebay suspension set up.. everything from inner n outer tie rods control arms etc etc and drop springs..all from EBAY 3 years ago and NEVER NEVER NEVER have a issue..

but the red civic on here..is wayyyyyy 2 low for around here..ull tear a hole in that oil pan in 10 minutes lol

• 5 weeks later...

I just bought my son a Civic SI hatchback with 130K on it. I took it for a test drive when I bought and it rode and felt great. Very tight. It was a long straight away with no bumps at all. The car has been lowered I think as low as it could be. There is absolutley no gap at all between the tire and frame where it almost looks like its sitting on top of the tire. when we took it home, we went on a lot of different roads and we started noticing that it was like bottoming out on an any small bumps and going over speed bumps, the exhaust would scrape at times. We also started noticing a " squeaky" noise when driving like its come from the the way the car sits. I'm now wondering if maybe the car was lowered to much and causing all of the above problems or if it may have bad struts and/or mounts. I was thinking of looking into setting it set back to stock normal and not have it lowered so it would ride better.

Any suggestions on how to know if a car has been lowered too much or certain parts might need to be replaced so it does not bottom out on every small dip or bump would be greatly appreciated.

Archived