Sonic Electronix

audiotechnix is def. worth it. ive used both audiotechnix and ss damplifier. they both do the job and stop rattles as they are meant to but when it comes down to it audiotechnix is a better value. its applied the same as other deadeners where u just roll it on. I just pressed it on with my hand and the audiotechnix sticks great. you wont be disappointed by this product at all.

audiotechnix is def. worth it. ive used both audiotechnix and ss damplifier. they both do the job and stop rattles as they are meant to but when it comes down to it audiotechnix is a better value. its applied the same as other deadeners where u just roll it on. I just pressed it on with my hand and the audiotechnix sticks great. you wont be disappointed by this product at all.

This is what I like to hear, finally somethin valuable that is in my budget. Theres probably not going to be very many rattles anyway with 1 SA-8.

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

1.4 Cubic Foot Enclosure Tuned to 34 hz

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

Just laying out some facts between the two:

Second Skin Damp

6.5 mil Aluminum

40 mil thick total

$2.69-$4.50 a sq ft

Second Skin Damp Pro

6.5 mil Aluminum

Eight mil thick total

$3.97-$6.94 a sq ft

Audio Technix 60 mil

4 mil Aluminum

60 mil thick total

$2.35 a sq ft

Audio Technix Eighty mil

7 mil Aluminum

Eighty mil thick total

$3.50 a sq ft

Audio Technix 60 mil is currently at $2.12 a sq ft till May 15th then the sale price goes away. Audio Technix 80 mil will not be in stock for 3 weeks.

Both SS and AT use a butyl adhesive with no asphalt fillers. The butyl compound SS uses is different than the butyl compound AT uses. Second skin price varies depending on how many sq ft you buy.

Edited by cthedinger

From everything that I've heard, AudioTechnix stuff seems to be some good stuff. So if I wasn't repping Second Skin I'd probably be repping AudioTechnix. :lol::rofl:

As for Zillamat... I probably would avoid it. Why? They don't provide specs on a lot of the key factors to what makes a good CLD mat. How thick is the foil? And it doesn't say if it's 100% butyl mat I'd be suspect as to what they use in their adhesive. With a lower heat rating (270°), I'm thinking it has a lot of filler in the adhesive.

With that said, I would stick with products that are listed and known to be 100% butyl adhesive with a nice and strong foil.

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

From everything that I've heard, AudioTechnix stuff is some good stuff. So if I wasn't repping Second Skin I'd probably be repping AudioTechnix. :lol:

As for Zillamat... I probably would avoid it. Why? They don't provide specs on a lot of the key factors to what makes a good CLD mat. How thick is the foil? And it doesn't say if it's 100% butyl mat I'd be suspect as to what they use in their adhesive. With a lower heat rating (270°), I'm thinking it has a lot of filler in the adhesive.

With that said, I would stick with products that are listed and known to be 100% butyl adhesive with a nice and strong foil.

Not to put down your company, I just can't afford it, but I should go with AudioTechnix? It seems to be the best out there other than Second Skin

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

1.4 Cubic Foot Enclosure Tuned to 34 hz

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

Not a putdown at all. Price is a huge factor and if you don't spend the time to compare prices, quality of the product, shipping, etc., you'd be a bad shopper! :D

When it comes to CLD mats, buy the best that you can afford and don't follow the "well it's like $1. a sq. ft., so use three or four layers" methodology. A single layer of high quality mat will out perform several layers of the cheap stuff all day long.

So if Damp or Damp Pro is out of your price range, then find the next best thing without sacrificing quality. In this field AudioTechnix has emerged as a hell of a competitor and would most likely be the next best choice (based on price and quality of the product). After that would probably be Don's mat (from SDS). After that it's kind of a toss up between several different companies.

Look at Dynamat for God's sake. I still see people buying it and paying $8+ a sq. ft.! It's good stuff and works, but the price is well beyond crazy.

Remember, I am not just hear to hawk a product. I am here to inform everyone with as much info as I can provide. We are confident that an informed customer is a happy customer, regardless of what product you decide to use.

Later,

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Not a putdown at all. Price is a huge factor and if you don't spend the time to compare prices, quality of the product, shipping, etc., you'd be a bad shopper! :D

When it comes to CLD mats, buy the best that you can afford and don't follow the "well it's like $1. a sq. ft., so use three or four layers" methodology. A single layer of high quality mat will out perform several layers of the cheap stuff all day long.

So if Damp or Damp Pro is out of your price range, then find the next best thing without sacrificing quality. In this field AudioTechnix has emerged as a hell of a competitor and would most likely be the next best choice (based on price and quality of the product). After that would probably be Don's mat (from SDS). After that it's kind of a toss up between several different companies.

Look at Dynamat for God's sake. I still see people buying it and paying $8+ a sq. ft.! It's good stuff and works, but the price is well beyond crazy.

Remember, I am not just hear to hawk a product. I am here to inform everyone with as much info as I can provide. We are confident that an informed customer is a happy customer, regardless of what product you decide to use.

Later,

great guy right here :werd_msword:

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Just finished my install in trunk. Audio Technix shipped literally in about 3 days. From Texas to Maryland. First install for sound deadener and it was a breeze. Night and day difference.

Current Build:

1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon

Previous Build(s):

Crossfire Magnum

5k Pontiac G6 GT

Got some all up in my ride....shit works!

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png