wiring harness for 09 silverado

i heard that for the 09 silverado you need a special wiring harness for the onstar, is this true? and if so what wiring harness would it be and where would i get it? cause there are a couple different ones but idk which one is the right one

• 2 weeks later...

In my 2008 Silverado, I used the PAC OS3. It works flawlessly. Even comes with a turn signal click/door chime module, which IMO doesn't sound right compared to factory, but it's that or nothing. I believe the 2009 takes the PAC OS4, but you might want to check on that to make sure. I got mine from sonicelectronix.com, and it was about $110, but for me, it's well worth it because it retains onstar, door chime, and turn signal clicks. All of which you would lose if you just wired in a head unit.

I hope this helps.

In my 2008 Silverado, I used the PAC OS3. It works flawlessly. Even comes with a turn signal click/door chime module, which IMO doesn't sound right compared to factory, but it's that or nothing. I believe the 2009 takes the PAC OS4, but you might want to check on that to make sure. I got mine from sonicelectronix.com, and it was about $110, but for me, it's well worth it because it retains onstar, door chime, and turn signal clicks. All of which you would lose if you just wired in a head unit.

I hope this helps.

yeah that does help thanks a lot man

i used the PAC OS-4 in my 2007 tahoe

may be diffrent since its a 09 but idk

i also used the PAC SWI-PS to keep use of my steering wheel controls

what kind of radio will you be installing? its dependent on that also

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

i looked it up for you

you will need the PAC OS-4

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=384&CategoryID=26

and depending on radio brand i can tell you witch module you will need to keep your steering wheel controls

Os4.

Keeps onstar, door chime and bose if equipped

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

i looked it up for you

and depending on radio brand i can tell you witch module you will need to keep your steering wheel controls

its a jvc kw-nt3hdt, and i thought it came with the steering wheels control module? thanks for all the help man

i looked it up for you

its a jvc kw-nt3hdt, and i thought it came with the steering wheels control module? thanks for all the help man

nope steering wheel module is seperate... i know its sucks to spend this much money just to replace the radio it was hard for me to pay as much as i did for the wiring harness and steering wheel control module

for the jvc radio you will need the PAC SWI-JACK

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=207&CategoryID=29

didnt read the posts but your going to need a data retention harness which will cost 100-130$ if i remember right , reason is because of the information that is saved with your stock headunit it still needs to have that box. . without that box your check engine light might come on or something stupid may happen .

Archived