Basic voltage question.

I've got a strip of LED's that says it's voltage is 12. Now I want to hook theses directly to the battery, with a simple switch. Now I know car batteries can get up to around 14vs.. Would this blow my strip of 96 LEDs?

Normal car batteries are 12 volt systems (6 anodes and 6 cathodes). Those LED's are meant for that. Good to go bro.

unless he's only hooking them up when that car is off when the cars on it will get up around 14.4 i believe you just need to throw a resister on there and youll be ok just dont know what size off the top of my head good luck :good:

I have 100 resistors in a box labelled 470, so I just grabbed one of those, and this is how it turned out:

123b0io.png

But I had the LED's hooked up to a 9v bat, and they were brighter, so idk what size resistor I need either haha

No no no. You will be FINE. All car electronics are "12 volt" compatable but they take 14.xx volts fine.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Well thanks, here it is, hooked up to my parking lights:

2r5xg6f.jpg

Anybody with an accord should know how much of a pain it is to get to the inside of the bulb housings... <_<

But I thought it came out good! :good:

Archived