Sonic Electronix

4ohms is 4ohms, what do you mean regular? Different people run amps at different impedance levels depending on where they are stable at, what subwoofers they have, whether r not they are competing... You have a lot to learn mate, please change your op so people won't mock you...

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

4ohms is 4ohms, what do you mean regular? Different people run amps at different impedance levels depending on where they are stable at, what subwoofers they have, whether r not they are competing... You have a lot to learn mate, please change your op so people won't mock you...

Edited by Butter69Tastic

Edited by Butter69Tastic

i did and well i meant like what most people run like i guess the word would be average like what the average person with 2 subs in the trunk of there car would have it set at.

Holy triple post...

And the average person will still run their amplifier at various impedance levels, depending on the number of subs, voice coil configurations, power of the amplifier, electrical system, and other variables. Some amps aren't stable below 2ohms, some are stable at .5ohm, some even lower than that. It all depends on what your setup looks like mate...

Ideally, if the amp is 2ohm stable, you'll want to run at 2ohm to get the full power out of it. Same thing applies with 1ohm stable amps.

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or step on your toes. On the internet no one initially knows how old you are, and there have been smart asses that have came through here trying to troll people with questions like that just to get laughs.

Don't worry no hard feelings towards you, read around here and you'll learn a lot of stuff and end up throwing more money at this hobby than you'd ever imagine haha.

First thing is learning impedance. That's the resistivity in the coil of the speaker, some speakers have one voice coil, some have two, a hand full of them have four. It all comes down to following a basic principle of physics called Ohm's law, hence why speakers are rated in "ohms". Coils in a speaker can be wired in series or parallel, and multiple speakers can be wired in parallel or series, or a combination of both. For example 2 4ohm single voice coil speakers wired in parallel produce a 2ohm resistance where as if they were wired in series they'd be an 8ohm load.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

But the lower impediance is the harder it is on your electrical

so would like 4 ohms be like i guess just regular?

No lower you go the higher the resistance is

Edited by Winn

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or step on your toes. On the internet no one initially knows how old you are, and there have been smart asses that have came through here trying to troll people with questions like that just to get laughs.

Don't worry no hard feelings towards you, read around here and you'll learn a lot of stuff and end up throwing more money at this hobby than you'd ever imagine haha.

First thing is learning impedance. That's the resistivity in the coil of the speaker, some speakers have one voice coil, some have two, a hand full of them have four. It all comes down to following a basic principle of physics called Ohm's law, hence why speakers are rated in "ohms". Coils in a speaker can be wired in series or parallel, and multiple speakers can be wired in parallel or series, or a combination of both. For example 2 4ohm single voice coil speakers wired in parallel produce a 2ohm resistance where as if they were wired in series they'd be an 8ohm load.

its alright i dont want to make excuses but like my gf broke up with me earlier so im kinda pissed but whatever..sorry about the triple post my comp is a p.o.s haha and thanks for the help so far i understand it alot more then i did earlier, and like we all know we learn something everyday and i just want to make this my profession ..always have and i just wanted to expand my knowledge on the most important things like understanding how everything works...

Best thing to say do your ohms load 1st then pindin on what you used I all way say put70% rms to what your useing

2003 Grand AM GTELECTRICAL SYSTEMAlternatorstockBatteryFront s3400back d3100Wireinglots of 0gaHEAD UNITpionner 7500xSPEAKERS(4)Prv 6mb200(2)prv 10mr1000AMPLIFIRLS(1)Zxi80.4(2)Brx1200.4SUBWOOFER(2) MTX 9500BOX3.41 cuft 63sq port 34hzLINKSYoutube.com/reggieb198895

If you want to learn about installations, I definitely recommend looking at the build logs here, you will learn A TON! I knew nothing when I came to this site, and though I'm still a novice I have the basics down. Everyone starts somewhere mate ;)