Sonic Electronix

i understand some about installation and some things about car audio..except one key factor...how to tell which sub to get for which amp and vice versi..please if someone could kinda give me the lowdown on rms and the choosing of the right sub/amp id be very grateful :)

Edited by Butter69Tastic

Uh....Match RMS ratings from sub to amp, chose based on companies you like, good reviews you've heard, and what matches your budget.

If you don't know how to do that then you don't know "everything about installation and most things car audio".

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Uh....Match RMS ratings from sub to amp, chose based on companies you like, good reviews you've heard, and what matches your budget.

If you don't know how to do that then you don't know "everything about installation and most things car audio".

X2, you should always get to know the equipment you will be working with. Make sure you get the right voice coil configuration, the right amplifier to put out the right amount of clean unclipped signals, the right subwoofer for your application, etc...

Edited by Supercharged DDs

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

The lower the ohm load the better I always say I'd aim for 1-2ohms tops nothing higher nothing lower, personally 2ohm is going to be easier to shop for on a budget since dual 2's tend to be more money and harder to find.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

well your right i dont know everything but theres a difference between installation and knowing the terms and workings and configurations of the amps like rms and peak power...i meen yes i shouldve phrased my question different but im 14 so you dont have to get all sarcastic on me

But the lower impediance is the harder it is on your electrical

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

well your right i dont know everything but theres a difference between installation and knowing the terms and workings and configurations of the amps like rms and peak power...i meen yes i shouldve phrased my question different but im 14 so you dont have to get all sarcastic on me

he wasnt being sarcastic, thats one of the first thing people usually learn, and being 14, i really am doubtful that you know a lot, ive done all my own car audio stuff (2.5 years) and cruised forums, i sometimes think i know a lot, until i realize i have barely scratched the surface. just saying...

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

he wasnt being sarcastic, thats one of the first thing people usually learn, and being 14, i really am doubtful that you know a lot, ive done all my own car audio stuff (2.5 years) and cruised forums, i sometimes think i know a lot, until i realize i have barely scratched the surface. just saying...

i know what your saying like i wrote the question wrong and im sorry i just took it as sarcastic...and i do understand alot about the installation like putting subs in cars and the wiring just not everything else and your right im only 14 thats why im on here searching for help on this stuff haha