Sonic Electronix

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or step on your toes. On the internet no one initially knows how old you are, and there have been smart asses that have came through here trying to troll people with questions like that just to get laughs.

Don't worry no hard feelings towards you, read around here and you'll learn a lot of stuff and end up throwing more money at this hobby than you'd ever imagine haha.

First thing is learning impedance. That's the resistivity in the coil of the speaker, some speakers have one voice coil, some have two, a hand full of them have four. It all comes down to following a basic principle of physics called Ohm's law, hence why speakers are rated in "ohms". Coils in a speaker can be wired in series or parallel, and multiple speakers can be wired in parallel or series, or a combination of both. For example 2 4ohm single voice coil speakers wired in parallel produce a 2ohm resistance where as if they were wired in series they'd be an 8ohm load.

its alright i dont want to make excuses but like my gf broke !up with me earlier so im kinda pissed but whatever..sorry about the triple post my comp is a p.o.s haha and thanks for the help so far i understand it alot more then i did earlier, and like we all know we learn something everyday and i just want to make this my profession ..always have and i just wanted to expand my knowledge on the most important things like understanding how everything works...

WOAHHHHHHHH

Lesson: Bitches will come and go but bass will always be there...

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

oh yea i followed meade forever before i decided to join the website lol, and like yea like i just put in a 10 inch

Kicker Comp in my moms trunk along with 2 new kicker 5 1/4 ds525 in the front door panel and in the rear i ordered some 5x7 boss pdh 1820s? <<<not sure on the boss's but i have the kicker hooked up to a dual pbh 2540 i think thats the model..i have it bridged and wired with some 4 gauge wiring to the battery,,i also put in a dual 50 watt deck.. i thought i did an ok job lol

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or step on your toes. On the internet no one initially knows how old you are, and there have been smart asses that have came through here trying to troll people with questions like that just to get laughs.

Don't worry no hard feelings towards you, read around here and you'll learn a lot of stuff and end up throwing more money at this hobby than you'd ever imagine haha.

First thing is learning impedance. That's the resistivity in the coil of the speaker, some speakers have one voice coil, some have two, a hand full of them have four. It all comes down to following a basic principle of physics called Ohm's law, hence why speakers are rated in "ohms". Coils in a speaker can be wired in series or parallel, and multiple speakers can be wired in parallel or series, or a combination of both. For example 2 4ohm single voice coil speakers wired in parallel produce a 2ohm resistance where as if they were wired in series they'd be an 8ohm load.

its alright i dont want to make excuses but like my gf broke !up with me earlier so im kinda pissed but whatever..sorry about the triple post my comp is a p.o.s haha and thanks for the help so far i understand it alot more then i did earlier, and like we all know we learn something everyday and i just want to make this my profession ..always have and i just wanted to expand my knowledge on the most important things like understanding how everything works...

WOAHHHHHHHH

Lesson: Bitches will come and go but bass will always be there...

hahaha true man true..she was cheatn...fun right? well it happens...and your right bass will ALWAYS be there :D

That sounds like a nice little install man, But here's your first lesson. Stay away from Boss, Dual, Power Acoustik, Pyle, Pyramid, and some other budget brands. Not trying to rag on your equipment in the slightest, just giving a bit of advice ;)

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

That sounds like a nice little install man, But here's your first lesson. Stay away from Boss, Dual, Power Acoustik, Pyle, Pyramid, and some other budget brands. Not trying to rag on your equipment in the slightest, just giving a bit of advice ;)

thanks man and yea i got that amp brand new from a friend of mine not to to long ago then another friend of mine told me the same thing that boss and dual and stuff like looked good but actually like suck... (good thing i got it for free XD)

hey man my power acoustik 4 channel is a champ haha. may not be a super heavy weight boxer but it sure aint no walter weight.

but YES i admit that is the general rule. but i wouldnt go so much as stay away from them but i would say dont expect them to be amazing. most every company has different equipment that is good and some that is crap. but since you are learning i would suggest that you post whatever you are looking into buying on here first. many people have probably either used or had some sort of experience with the equipment. it will help you spend your money wiser. because music is truely a money pit, but worth it if you do it right

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

hey man my power acoustik 4 channel is a champ haha. may not be a super heavy weight boxer but it sure aint no walter weight.

but YES i admit that is the general rule. but i wouldnt go so much as stay away from them but i would say dont expect them to be amazing. most every company has different equipment that is good and some that is crap. but since you are learning i would suggest that you post whatever you are looking into buying on here first. many people have probably either used or had some sort of experience with the equipment. it will help you spend your money wiser. because music is truely a money pit, but worth it if you do it right

really? i heard good things about power acoustik and a couple friends have em..and yea before i buy ill probaly well i will get on here and ask :D thanks for the tip though man really appreciate it!!!

well im not suggesting that you go out and buy a bunch of power acoustik stuff. im just merely saying that most brands have good and bad merchandise.

and im not trying to insult your friends, but im sure you would be better off not listening to their advice. they probably have little to no experience with real sound systems and extreme bass. i would say that if you have any question, EVEN if its a dumb one you should ask it on here. people will give you advice and most often than not give you constructive criticism.

most of the people on here are not going to say "your a dumbass for asking such a noob question" or anything of that sort. but they will correct you on things you may say that could be wrong.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

well im not suggesting that you go out and buy a bunch of power acoustik stuff. im just merely saying that most brands have good and bad merchandise.

and im not trying to insult your friends, but im sure you would be better off not listening to their advice. they probably have little to no experience with real sound systems and extreme bass. i would say that if you have any question, EVEN if its a dumb one you should ask it on here. people will give you advice and most often than not give you constructive criticism.

most of the people on here are not going to say "your a dumbass for asking such a noob question" or anything of that sort. but they will correct you on things you may say that could be wrong.

haha nah no offese cuzz well they ae dumasses lol but iknew what you ment like im not gunna go buy abunch of power akoustic stuff lol and i will deff listin to more people on here then anywhere else haha...thanks for not bein a asshole though even though im new :P

With all due respect to your friends, they more than likely don't know much about an actual system. D Train is right, there is no such thing as a dumb question, if you are open to others comments we will help you achieve your goals :)

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.