Second Skin Audio

4th order bandpass

jreese92

Sounds pretty interesting and something i would want to look into considering I'm only going to be running 1 SA-12 on 350 rms. They look really hard to build and I've never even built a sealed box, is there a calculator i could use to get dimensions for it?

Good luck with 350rms...i just ordered two and i was told they want at least 600rms. Cuz word is that they can handle more...

Jus got this car and have to keep it for a long time, so i don't want to rattle my car apart, so i'll give 350 rms a shot, and give u guys a review (hopefully not bitching about it haha)

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

1.4 Cubic Foot Enclosure Tuned to 34 hz

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

what kind of car is it?

to actually rattle a car apart is very very challenging... if its not rusted to hell youll be fine.

i would invest your money into a better amp that will do 600 rms.

the aq 750 is a good buy. and an awesome amp.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

2000 Toyota Solara. But heres the idea i have floatin in my head. I wanna have trunk space and tryin to avoid runnin 2 amps. I was plannin on running an Alpine PDX-5, which is actually rating at 100 x4 and 350 for the sub.

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

why avoid running two amps?

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

well if you give us a budget we can easily find something that will work well for you and still give you a good sounding system. many people on here have experimented with things that are cheap but reliable.

well if you give us a budget we can easily find something that will work well for you and still give you a good sounding system. many people on here have experimented with things that are cheap but reliable.

As of now a budget doesnt even exist. I'm barely payin the bills, because my hours got cut back. So right now i'm plannin my stuff out. But i figured a pdx-5 for 400 would be the cheapest way to go because it would push the speakers i wanna get (rockford T1 components and T1 6x9s) as well as a sub for the lows. Not tryin to win competitions here just trying to get a decent sounding system.

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

As of now a budget doesnt even exist. I'm barely payin the bills, because my hours got cut back. So right now i'm plannin my stuff out. But i figured a pdx-5 for 400 would be the cheapest way to go because it would push the speakers i wanna get (rockford T1 components and T1 6x9s) as well as a sub for the lows. Not tryin to win competitions here just trying to get a decent sounding system.

for just 400 you could buy the aq 750 for 200$ and an mb quart 4.125 164$ or if you want to stay aq they have a 4x90 for 229.

that would be really loud for just over 400 dollars. those amps ar relatively small and would both fit on a decent size box. so you could still save space.

thats alot more bang for your buck. IMO

defiantly agreed on post about amps with aq750 and aq4x90 :drinks:edit :

http://www.audioque.com/Amplifiers_c_7.html

check em out.

btw with amp ur getting u never know how reliable it is , mainly everyone on here can say that the audioque amp are highly reliable and amazing amps.

also mike is great in the orders department at audioque / customer service is good to. they do rated if not over and are at least 1 ohm stable on the 750

idk the sa 12 dvc specs if it is d1 d2 or d4 but i know this amp would be a lovely match for it.

also my audioque 10" d4 sd sub is at 35 hz in 2.00cu.ft of air space and i love it very much.

edit again: just checked out sa 12 600rms is right and its d4 i would save up and grab a aq1200d u could wire it at 2 ohms and put 870 peak on it then for $49 more.

Archived