Sundown Audio

digital or analog?

roscoe

Ok guys I still need a bit of help from you, I posted the other day about a high quality -high powered 5 channel amp. I did receive some input, but not as much as I had hoped for. But thankyou for the replies that I did receive. Ok, let me change things up a bit............I'm learning as I go, I really had my heart set on the big old Memphis 16-mc5.1400 five channel= old school analog technology. To be honest with you that doesn't mean much to me yet, I have learned that most of the 5 and 6 chan. Amps are digital and the memphis is still "old school". I have discovered the "zuki" eleets 6 channel amp, plus arc audio 900.6, the jl 900/5, zed levithian, and a few others. My question is for the 600-900$$ range can the old technology memphis be beat? Is it money better spent for the new technology digital amp? I like that zuki eleets 6 but just not sure what to do. HELP PLEASE.

first off. what are you powering with this. and why do you need 5/6 channels. and i think that the new technology will make more power with less strain on your electrical. so its more efficient. but dont quote me

1999 Dodge Caravan

[TrashMobile]

8ga Power/Ground

AudioPipe APSM-1300 (subs)

Scosche 550 (mids/highs)

Boss 735UA Headunit

(2)Hifonics HFi12D4

Still Under Major Construction..

Nothing wrong with going old school if you can get it at a good price and good working condition, if you aren't able to get one reasonably then i would look at the ZED audio dreadnought 4ch and a good mono for the sub section. It really depends on what your intentions are with the setup, are we talking a 2way, 3way or more type of system. Will you be in need of processing above what the amp is capable of doing for the given setup your wanting to achieve. There are a lot of questions that need to be answered before buying anything.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived