Sonic Electronix

New member, I recently just sold my old system, (3 "08 Alpine Type R 10s in a ported box tuned to spec with a Kicker ZX 850.2 2 channel amp)I have some money together and I contacted Rusty over at DC Audio and he said, "There's no pre built subs here we could sell ya, everything needs to be made, we're about 6 weeks out any new orders." So looks like I gotta wait 6 weeks which is going to suck but there's nothing I can do. I keep debating on a DC Audio 3.5k amp or the Sundown Audio 3500, any suggestions? I was also thinking about buying a couple Kinetik batteries. I plan on running just one 18.

Edited by conley916

2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack

audio coming soon

I'd go with the DC amp, because it has a clipping indicator light, so you can tune it without a scope. Also the AQ 3500 has a clip light too. And both have been proven to do rated.

Just make sure you back it up with plenty of electrical. A nice high output alternator (250+ amps if possible) and 3 or more big AGM batteries, like XS, Shuriken, Stinger, or Kinetik. That's what I'd do at least.

Also, if you can do a recone, I have a level 5 18 in my living room that needs a recone if you are interested.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

I'd go with the DC amp, because it has a clipping indicator light, so you can tune it without a scope. Also the AQ 3500 has a clip light too. And both have been proven to do rated.

Just make sure you back it up with plenty of electrical. A nice high output alternator (250+ amps if possible) and 3 or more big AGM batteries, like XS, Shuriken, Stinger, or Kinetik. That's what I'd do at least.

Also, if you can do a recone, I have a level 5 18 in my living room that needs a recone if you are interested.

Yeah I've already been looking around for alternators, how long have you had the sub?

audio coming soon

Yeah I've already been looking around for alternators, how long have you had the sub?

Had the sub since July last year, and it has been in need of a recone for the last 3 months. The gap was taped off immediately after the cone assembly was removed, so it's good to go. If you are interested, hit me with a PM.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Had the sub since July last year, and it has been in need of a recone for the last 3 months. The gap was taped off immediately after the cone assembly was removed, so it's good to go. If you are interested, hit me with a PM.

I'm probably just going to pick up a brand new level 5 from Rusty in a couple weeks.

audio coming soon