00 Durango - build log ending. starting new one with the rebuild...

i never thought about getting a 4 channel amp for the speakers... haha i think ill try this one Crunch 1000x4 i really want to match brands somewhat in my car and i cant spend the money to get audioque equipment yet so if you have something against crunch, deal with it, its only temporary haha

so i decided to mess around with the head unit some more before i spent moneys on an amp for the mids/highs and i found out that when first turned on the factory settings have the high pass filter turned half way up and the low pass turned all the way down... so even if you turn up the bass the filter still cancels it out...

so would it still be worth it to get a 4ch amp? or just save up for a AQ 15 and amp??

so i decided to mess around with the head unit some more before i spent moneys on an amp for the mids/highs and i found out that when first turned on the factory settings have the high pass filter turned half way up and the low pass turned all the way down... so even if you turn up the bass the filter still cancels it out...

so would it still be worth it to get a 4ch amp? or just save up for a AQ 15 and amp??

I ran my MB Quart 6.5 components in the front stage off of the headunit for the longest time and thought they sounded pretty alright...until I hooked up an Eclipse 3322 2channel amp I had laying around. Boy did they come alive and get loud as HELL! Sounds 10x better than using the headunit to power them and I'm sure it's better for them in the long run as not being distorted by the crappy onboard amp the headunit has.

Btw, My HU is a Kenwood BT945U.

I would HIGHLY recommend getting a 4 channel amp, you won't be disappointed.

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

Hey man just save your money till you can get what you want! that way you dont have to worry about dumping off equipment. And i have looked into getting a double din in my Durango i just think it would be more of a hassle than anything you'll have to reroute those vents and cut that cross bracing out, but hell i think it would turn out sick, you should be the guinea pig for the rest of us! and x2 on the four channel!

Kenwood kdc-x794

Boston Acoustics S60 components, S65 Coaxials

Jl J2-320.4

Sundown Audio Sae1200d

2 Sundown SA-12's D4

Car Quest NGT Extreme Upfront

Shuriken BT-60 inback

Big3

All Knu Konceptz wire

alright, im sold. im getting the 4ch! :drink40: only because i want it to be loud and it might be a while until i get some subs.

and ive been checking out the guts of the dash and i think i could do the double din and keep the vents. just fab up something to allow room for the Double din and direct airflow. but that wont be done for a while either. i would like to spend as much moneys on paying the "D" off.

ill post updates when i get it and install it. ill also be spraying down some soundguard i got from my work when i have the carpet up. :good:

got a package yesterday :yahoo:

boxes are the only brown thing im happy to see on my porch... :bull:

SANY0096.jpg

SANY0097.jpg

SANY0098.jpg

im also thinking of hooking this 12 up with two of the channels bridged just for some bass... should i and just run the fronts off the amp??

SANY0099.jpg

sorry for not posting anything for a while, ive been super busy with work. but i took out the third row in the D and made a temporarry amp rack. its going to be moved when i build the box, which i went out and made measurements and i have 12.5 cubic feet of internal box space that i can use. i think ive finnaly decided to go with 3 power acoustik p3 15's on the power acoustik 5500 wired to 1.3 ohms.

Archived