00 Durango - build log ending. starting new one with the rebuild...

you could def get some better amp and subs for your money, but if thats what you want then go for it

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/

why dont you just save up and get something that you actually want? I know its hard to do that but you will be more happy with quality equipment in the end.

Kenwood kdc-x794

Boston Acoustics S60 components, S65 Coaxials

Jl J2-320.4

Sundown Audio Sae1200d

2 Sundown SA-12's D4

Car Quest NGT Extreme Upfront

Shuriken BT-60 inback

Big3

All Knu Konceptz wire

can people just be positive about other peoples builds and what they choose to use?? i started this log in hopes of getting some recognition for what im doing not a bunch of people putting me down and telling me what to do. so if you are going to say anything negative STFU!!

i can take criticism, i just hate it when people tell me what to do. its my money and my car so if you dont like it dont comment. now back to some build pics...

custom carbon fiber bezel from speedhut, a local custom gauge shop

SANY0136.jpg

before

SANY0137.jpg

after

SANY0138.jpg

removed the rear seat.

SANY0139.jpg

and hid the seatbelts since i wont need those anymore

SANY0141.jpg

measured and cut scrap piece of hard-board for amp rack

SANY0142.jpg

painted, bolted down. and amp mounted.

SANY0143.jpg

ill be moving the amp rack and fitting the box between the seats and that lip where the amp rack is now, ill also be able to bolt it down where the seat mounts were 8)

SANY0144.jpg

once again i talked myself into getting what everyone else has and recommends.... im saving up now for one RE Audio mx18d!! that is if audiosavings.com doesnt run out by the time i have the money... if i end up not being able to get that does anyone have a recommendation? and yes, i know i pretty much told everyone off when they were telling me what to do but i get too cocky to listen, even though they have more experience than me.

no one is being negitive or telling you what to do people are trying to help you out. example,ch0sen said you could def get some better amp and subs for your money, but if thats what you want then go for it. thats true because you can get better subs than 3 power acoustik p315's for just over 300 for around the same or cheaper. ill look around for some decent subs for a low price for you in a sec. alright since you already mentioned audioque i looked at them you can get 2 Street Duty SDC2.5 12s for just under 300 plus shipping then get the aq1200d for 250 and you should be bangin pretty good.

15"AA havoc, AQ1200d. T3 audio 6.5 2 way componet set on rockford p400.4

Yea man my comment wasnt negative, ive been in your situation as i am a college student and dont have much income, i was so tempted and some points just to get some bang but i held off and saved up and picked up shit over time and found some killer deals. and i am extremely happy with the equipment that i waited for and i know that it will last for as long as i have the car. and i like your idea of the amp rack where the third row was are you going to cover it and throw some fans in there when you get the box in? And how did you fasten it did you just use the bolts that were there to hold the seats down? And your going to want to get some deadener on the hatch cause the wiper rattles like a bitch if there is none. If you need any help let me know!

Kenwood kdc-x794

Boston Acoustics S60 components, S65 Coaxials

Jl J2-320.4

Sundown Audio Sae1200d

2 Sundown SA-12's D4

Car Quest NGT Extreme Upfront

Shuriken BT-60 inback

Big3

All Knu Konceptz wire

Yea man my comment wasnt negative, ive been in your situation as i am a college student and dont have much income, i was so tempted and some points just to get some bang but i held off and saved up and picked up shit over time and found some killer deals. and i am extremely happy with the equipment that i waited for and i know that it will last for as long as i have the car. and i like your idea of the amp rack where the third row was are you going to cover it and throw some fans in there when you get the box in? And how did you fasten it did you just use the bolts that were there to hold the seats down? And your going to want to get some deadener on the hatch cause the wiper rattles like a bitch if there is none. If you need any help let me know!

for the box i think im going to bolt it down where the amp rack is now (and yeah, i used the bolts from the seat). if i do that i have about 10 cubic feet to the bottom of the windows. unless i need more room then ill build a false floor over the amp rack and extend it back. and for deadener i got this luxury spray on liner from work im covering the floor with when i run wires then ill deaden the shit out of the hatch haha.

Archived