Sundown Audio

solo x 18's amp

pmcalis1

Looking to do an install in my truck. 2007 NBS four door silveardo. Looking to do a wall in my truck. I have not did a big system in about five years and not really sure what to go with. Leaning towards 2 solo x 18s but possibly 2 btl 18s, 2 dc level 5 18s, or 2 re xxx 18s. It will be a daily application so mainly music but still would like to pull mid 150s on music. I just dont have a clue on what amps to run. I want to run 5k to each sub but i want the amps to have a lower current pull so the electrical upgrades wont be as much. What are some suggestions?

takes power to make power

if you wanna do that big of a system dont try to skimp on the electrical

they make dual-quad alt brackets for that truck for not much at all

id do atleast 2-3 alts and XS power batts

id do some level 5 18s on some of the new DC amps

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Last system i did was db drive wd 15s with 2000.1 db drive platnium amps and i ran the kinetik 2400s. now that was 4 years ago since i have did something mid 150s. how do the xs batteries compare? Guess you say coming out a bit of retirement.

Last system i did was db drive wd 15s with 2000.1 db drive platnium amps and i ran the kinetik 2400s. now that was 4 years ago since i have did something mid 150s. how do the xs batteries compare? Guess you say coming out a bit of retirement.

Depends on what forum you ask. Here XS is a fave, other forums out there swear by kinetik, and others swear by optima.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Archived