I don't know if anyone has paid attention to the news around here, but but right now both the Ohio and Mississippi rivers are flooding. Thats something that hasn't happened happened in a really long time. Which is causing alot off people around here to lose their homes and businesses. Usually I don't know these people personally, but this time is different. I know 3 families who had to leave their homes cause of rising flood waters, 1 had actually lost her house. Its sad, I'm lucky that I'm up on high ground. I'm only 20 minutes from Ky lake, but no worries bout getting flooded out. I hope that things for these people and others only get better after the waters go back down. Luckily all this rain we've been having is ending soon. On a sad note, this is the worst flooding we have had since 1997 and close to the flood in 1937. If anyone here has been in this situation, what did you do? How has it changed your life?

geez your only a kid still, in 97 i was 17. i still remember all the news coverage on it tho. i had a small fire in my basement a year later, only thing lost there was a couch. but ive had a couple of break ins tho.