ok so i got my iphone back to working order, but i installed the broken screen in it. i ordered aother screen for it and i came in and i swapped them out, but now my iphone wont boot up. it just sits at the apple logo with the spinning loading wheel, i have tried restoring multiple times, and even did a jailbreak, and got nothing. im curious if maybe when they sent out the screen, if maybe they sent me a 3gs screen insted of a 3g. does anyone on here know if that will cause the freeze on boot condition i am getting? i want to keep the opening of the iphone to a minimum as best as possible. if anyone here has encountered this issue any tips/ advice is welcome. it will be a couple hours before i can respond seeing as how i am at work, and just on break right now, but any help is welcome. iphones are like gold around here and cost out the ass, so i am trying to keep this one.

thanks

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

ok i have tried holding both buttons for like 2 minutes, same thing. been in and out of dfu mode with a couple restores within dfu mode. i think i might just swap the screens back out and see if that does anything. apple wont honor my apple care any more, especialy since it has been opened with obvious signs on the case of opening. also they wont do a damn thing for me with jailbroken firmware on it. i have also been through several battery cycles of charged - dead.

© crispy_chick3n inc

Damn, I've taken off and reinstalled my LCD screen and the glass 10-12 times and havn't had a single problem! Are you sure you hooked every plug in tightly until it "clicked" into place? Btw did you tell the apple store you had "special" firmware?

The 3gs screen and the 3g screen are NOT the same thing and are NOT interchangable. I had to replace my 3gs screen and was sent the 3g screen. The digitizer didnt respond very well and the sound did not work. If by chance they switched your piece, this could be your problem.

yes i got it figured out. they sent me a 3gs screen insted of the 3g screen. i installed my old cracked screen and the phone fired right back up. kinda weird, but oh well. i now have another screen on the way from a diffrent company. i have shopped with this company before. it is a little more expensive, but i know the people, theyu know me, and i can trust that they will handle my order professionaly, and send me top quality parts fast. this is what and where i ordered from. they are great. they will work with you to figure out exactly what you need. they are fast, reliable. they have great customer service. i have never had a problem with them. if you need any parts for your iphone, and you dont mind paying a little more than other places, this is the place for you. this place also sells repair kits and parts for a wide range of game consoles, computers, ipods, ipads, psp, xbox 360 RROD repair kit. just about everything.

i am in no way affiliated with ifixit.com just good reviews for great customer service. they earned it

anyway i ordered the screen today, and it is expected to be here wednesday at the latest. like i said they are fast. :yahoo:

hopefuly this will solve my issues. thanks everyone for your input.

Edited by Bass_Man_2010

© crispy_chick3n inc

• 4 weeks later...

yes i got it figured out. they sent me a 3gs screen insted of the 3g screen. i installed my old cracked screen and the phone fired right back up. kinda weird, but oh well. i now have another screen on the way from a diffrent company. i have shopped with this company before. it is a little more expensive, but i know the people, theyu know me, and i can trust that they will handle my order professionaly, and send me top quality parts fast. this is what and where i ordered from. they are great. they will work with you to figure out exactly what you need. they are fast, reliable. they have great customer service. i have never had a problem with them. if you need any parts for your iphone, and you dont mind paying a little more than other places, this is the place for you. this place also sells repair kits and parts for a wide range of game consoles, computers, ipods, ipads, psp, xbox 360 RROD repair kit. just about everything.

i am in no way affiliated with ifixit.com just good reviews for great customer service. they earned it

anyway i ordered the screen today, and it is expected to be here wednesday at the latest. like i said they are fast. :yahoo:

hopefuly this will solve my issues. thanks everyone for your input.

A good place to get Grate parts for just about any smart phone is a eBay store "gadgetfix"

I my self have ordered over 200 parts from them . Iphone digitizers for $5-15 lcd $15-25 in California Super fast shipping :D

"Walmart Where Car Audio Is Both Funny and Sad" "The weak are meat, and the strong do eat..."