Sonic Electronix

currently have a mrp-m1000 on 2 12" dual 2 ohm type r's in a 2 ft3 tuned to 32 hz. i want more power though.was looking at aq2200d, Kicker ZX1500.1 and Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdCP. leaning more towards aq at the moment because of price and i know its a good amp but have a few problems. i have a 2000 vw passat, i have a 120 amp alternator, big 3 in 0awg, but not upgraded battery yet, will be buying an xs power 2700, but even now i have lights dim when almost at full tilt, so i dont know how doubling the amp draw will be with the aq. i also would have to buy 0awg wire, which isnt too bad but a pain to run in my car, will also have to make a new amp rack because the one i have now will fit up to 15" long. also no specs at 2 ohms, i called and they told me 1500 ish rms maybe more but i have no proof.maybe a good idea to sell my subs and buy the dual 4 ohm model? kicker sounds good too but need new wire and amp draw isnt as bad but idk how it will be later. rockford seems nice but wayyyy pricey.... will still fit on my amp rack and uses 4awg wire, which i have now. there seems to be too many choices now so if anyone could help it would be good. also i dont plan on upgrading alternator because its expensive and will require taking the entire front end off my car, i dont wanna do that. but anyways, yeah lemme know, thank you.

Well all 3 amps are good choices, I don't believe the Kicker is 1 ohm stable though.

And I do recommend you use the 0 gauge.

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

I would say if the T1500-1bdCP is availible for you, to get it along with a bass knob. If your more on a money crunch, I know the AQ will not dissapoint, my buddy had a zx300.1 on some 10's and it hit really hard, so I know kicker can put up a fight also. About the electrical issue, I think getting a new battery that can support what your going to be running is what you need best. As for what you said about DVC types, if you get DVC 4 ohm subs, 2 since what your are saying, they will run at 4 ohms series and 1 ohm parrallel. DVC 2 ohm subs run at 1 Ohm series, and .5 ohm Parallel.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I thought I remember SM himself running his 2500's at .7 once, I don't know how RF handles that though, hope someone else can give you the answer to that.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm