I have a new toy, a 2004 Porsche 911 996 Turbo Cabriolet and I was wondering what you think I should do.

The car is black right now with a black top and black interior.

porsche2.jpg

My ideas:

a ) Murdered out. Black taillights, black rims, make it all black. I like this idea because I feel it will be the easiest and will look really good.

b ) Paint everything a bright color except the hood, and spoiler. I'd get black wheels and color match the lip to the rest of the car. The hood, top, spoiler, wheels, taillights, and possibly mirrors, door handles, side vents, etc. would be black still. I think this would fit my personality the best, but I don't know if it would look good considering the top is a convertible top and thus wouldn't match the black paint perfectly. I don't know if it would look funny or not.

Feel free to make any comments, I'm looking for opinions here. Colors, new ideas, suggestions... anything. Thanks in advanced!

Edited by DRauck

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

12" Kicker SoloX Subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate t20001bd

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head Unit

Build Log

I added a photo for reference.

You don't think it would look funny, the top being a different kind of black than the rest of the accents? I just don't want to do it and then regret it because the top looks stupid.

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

Build Log

a good shop will get it close, I would just leave it alone personally. maybe switch to brighter wheels but that's just me.

it's a porsche not a honda

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

It is a porsche, but the stock GT3s can come in wild colors. I think I just want it to stand out a lot. I'm sure some people think the GT3 paint jobs are hideous, but I'm young and I think that's why I like them so much. I'm not sure

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

Build Log

http://www.netcarshow.com/techart/2007-porsche_911_turbo_gtstreet/800x600/wallpaper_01.htm

There is a photo reference of a 997 with the general idea of the second option.

Edited by DRauck

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

Build Log

dude seriously. i love blacked out cars, but that thing is dam sexyyy. id leave it be if i had a porsche lol mabey a nice SQ oreanted system

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

dude seriously. i love blacked out cars, but that thing is dam sexyyy. id leave it be if i had a porsche lol mabey a nice SQ oreanted system

Oh no doubt, there's definitely going to be a SQ stereo put in it at some point. The exterior look of it is just something I've been thinking about a lot because I want it to be noticed. In my opinion, the turbo isn't as prominent on the road as it deserves to be and I kind of want to change it to draw a little more attention on the street. I guess it's just my personality. And thank you lol I love this car

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

Build Log