Second Skin Audio

Diamond D9/tdx .vs Memphis Mojo

I need experienced input on this. I want to buy my last set of subs (period) and I'm choosing between the Diamond Audio TDX/D9 15"s or Memphis MOJO 15". I have done research but that didn't help. Around my way we have shops that carry both and that make it that even harder. I've heard MOJO 15"s and they get ridiculously loud and have replacement swap-outs. A friend of mine has the TDX subs in his car and its one of the most hellacious things I've ever heard. The people with them push them to the max peak power wise and both seem to handle well. What do I do?

Edited by ChampN252

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

the mojos are damn solid subs.

if you get the 15" it will take a lil more then the RMS wattage, some people here will say they take 2000 RMS , but if you get the mad maxx, take 1000 RMS per coil, and they have 4 coils. so 4000 RMS :D

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Don't get me wrong the TDX is a very good sub. I remember it was this kid I went to Kinston High school with that had 2 TDX 12's that made me feel with worthless cuz they were so clean and boomy. BUT when you want all out hell on wheels go with the Mojos. I remember when Alton's Audio in Kinston had 5 in their spl van. Have you seen it?

THE GRADUATE 10:18:2007

i have been running my mojos for 4 years now. no replacement coils yet (that was dumb--now they will blow) i am running 2000 rms to each sub. slammin hard a lot, but mostly daily going to and fro listenin. they can be a very good sub with the right box, or a not as good sub in a shitty box.

Mojos will put the Pioneers to shame, and Iam sure the TDXs. They are meant to play loud, are built tuff.. The Mojo 12s will start to come to life about 2cf per sub sealed, or 2.5+ ported, so if your box is about that, get 4 Mojos

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.