Anyone on here use "HI-AMPS ALTERNATORS"

i have one nd i couldnt be happier. its a 170 amp and so far so good. mine reacts fine and charges well. yes i have decent little battery back but i have rode around for over an hour at pretty much full tilt and never seen below 13 volts. i am happy with it and i feel the 225 shipped i paid for it over the 500+ mechman wanted was a good buy imo. others say different but it hasnt done me wrong yet. they will custom build them to with adjustable voltage. idk im happy and works great for me.

Hey sup

I was thinking the same thing , why pay more for the brand name if you could get it cheaper while having the same function . . . i wanted the dcpower xp soooo bad but did not have the money for it so i decided to go with the one i got from ebay .

i hope the one i ordered works just fine . . its a 220 . . it must idle around a 100 shrug.gif

you dont pay for a brand name... especially with the DCpower XP alts. they are SOOO much better.

the dangerous part about buying an ebay alt is that many have been tested to do less idle output than the stock alt, and do max/rated amperage at an extremely high RPM.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

my test sheet shows 170 amps at 1800rpm which is fine cuz in 4th gear doing 30 im at about 2000rpms so it works out great for me. at full load of 170 amps it shows it drops to 13 volts which for the price i cant complain

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

LOL. The people who say it does well are powering what....1500 watts max? The tests I've done and seen done show a horrible track record for reliability and performance. Low output at idle and hardly reaching max at higher rpms.

This has nothing to do with name brand vs a cheaper functioning product. You already bought, and sadly purchased before doing a proper amount of research. Install and do what you were going to do, you're not going to change your opinion regardless of what anyone tells you. You just wanted someone to tell you its ok you purchased a cheap ebay brand alternator.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

my test sheet shows 170 amps at 1800rpm which is fine cuz in 4th gear doing 30 im at about 2000rpms so it works out great for me. at full load of 170 amps it shows it drops to 13 volts which for the price i cant complain

Please do your own test. Also, don't confuse alt rpm with engine rpm. If you can test the output and see its accurate cool deal. If not, then you just learned something

well im running a saz2500 and i have no issues so far. at idle at full tilt i drop to mid to low 12's which i can understand that cuz my car idles at like 600 rpm lol so its not spinning much. i will do a test once i get my clamp meter to see you kinda amps its putting out cuz i wanna know to. like i said so far so good. i guess we will see once i upgrade my amp also

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

any test sheet that would have been done for your specific alt would have been rated by the alt's rpm. im not sure exactly what the numbers are but 1800rpm to the alt sounds like it would be around idle speed on the car and we can agree that its not doing max power at idle. 2000 engine rpm would be closer to 6000 alt rpm. the ratio varies from car to car so my alt at 2000 engine rpm doesnt spin the same speed as your car at 2000rpm. SO if the 1800rpm is engine speed, what car did they install your alt into to test its output before shipping it to you? or did they not test the alt and just made up a spec sheet?

one, two or even 10 products working just fine, or not, doesnt prove anything. its about the failure rate. if 40% of these alts break within a year thats pretty shitty. but it still means a lot of people get alts that outlive their warranty.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Man , Look i know i bought a cheap shitty alt and i know i cant compare it to the dcpower alts DUH!

But i just hoped it would do better than my stock alt

And someday when i have the $600 i will get me a dcpower xp , but for now ill have to do with my cheap alt from ebay

P.S

$600 is somebodys two maybe three months pay here where i live

Headunit - Pioneer AVH-P4250 DVD

4 - infinity reference 6.5

a pair of infinity reference tweeters

1 - AudioQue AQ-120.4 amplifier for mids & highs

1 - AudioQue AQ-2200D Monoblock

1 - AudioQue HDC315

KitAudio kerf ported Enclosure

4 - Stinger pro series signal wires

20ft Stinger 1/0Ga power & Ground wires

Big Three Upgrade

1 - Kinetik HC1800 (Not Here yet . .Still Saving up for one)

These alts are basically your stock alternators, lol. And stop getting your poopy pants in a bunch, no one is even trying to compare to DC or Mechman. The truth is they can't. You bought a cheap eBay performance part and asked for a review. Don't get upset because everyone didn't come in and say good job. When you get it, install it, and see for yourself and do your own tests.

Archived