Voltage issue after adding second ground.

Anyone know what the resting voltage on a XS 5100 and optima group 34 yellow top should be? I have a yellow top up front as a starter batt. and a 5100 in the trunk on my amp i also have an irragi 300 amp alt. i just added a ground run front to back an instead of getting better voltage it seams as though i have dropped from a constant 13.9/14.2 to 13/13.4. The voltage does fluctuate and does get back up to the 13.9/14.2 but it's not as consistent as it was before adding the extra ground. I checked all my fuses and connections and i am getting ready to add another 5100 but i'm just wondering what could be causing this to happen? i'm wondering if this heat down here in south florida is a factor or if my alt is starting to fuck up or what? I know that these optima batteries don't really give much warning when there going bad they kind of just die but both of these batteries are less than a year old not that that means anything well kida just wondering what the hell is going on i'm going to start with the batts figure resting voltage should be mid to high 12's and go from there.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

disconnect the new ground wire and see what happens. it shouldn't have hurt anything though. did you cause a short while working on something? get any sparks?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i don't think that there are any shorts, all my 0 gauge runs were done at same time, they each have there own grummets . I just now decided to use the second run of 0/1 for a second ground i was going to use it for a second + run because i grounded the rear batt in the trunk. Just thought that i would see a better voltage if i added the second ground and the second 5100 and no i didn't see any sparks while adding the second ground.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

I know i have a problem now for sure, coming home from work last night started my car voltage was at 14.6 turned on my a.c. and lights on everything was good turned my system on slight voltage drop normal 14.2/13.9 after about five min. voltage dropped to 12.4 i have never had this problem since i changed out my stock alt. i'm off today so i'm going over the electrical with a fine tooth comb gotta get this shit figured out. Has anyone been able to contact Iraggi since the flood? i left a message on his forum about a over drive pulley but never got a response.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

Yeah thats what i'm thinking but hoping it's not, if so i'm going to have try dc or mechman and see what they would charge to fix it if they can fix it. Hoping it's a battery issue at this point don't want to think to negative if it is a battery there under warranty, hell everything is under warranty it's all less than a year old.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

O.k., Optima yellow top is resting at 12.79 alt checks out and seems to be working fine XS 5100 was resting at 12.24 took it back to the shop i bought it at and put it to charge. Hopefully this will fix my issue my XS 3400 came in yesterday will be picking that up next Friday going to put the 3400 under the hood it's about the same size as the Optima so i'm going to go ahead and get rid of it, I do have a question tho, could i run the power run for my rear batteries off the alt instead the front battery or is this not a good idea? Was wondering if this would help in keeping the rear batteries charged better or should i leave things as is and just check my voltage on the rear batts and give a charge every now and again when need be?

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

Both batteries and amps are fused now just was wondering if this would be beneficial or a waste of time?

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

Well by the looks of things my 5100 has a problem, had it on the charger for 5 hours and it's not taking the charge, it's sitting rite at 12.01 so the shop put it back on the charger and is going to let it sit over night and if in fact it's a dead issue there going to give me another one. Thank goodness for warranties.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt