Sonic Electronix

Bump. :D

Also, what improvement would I see by grounding straight to the battery instead of the seatbelt anchor? Other than me getting more voltage drop from having it grounded in it's current position, will I notice any other differences?

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Glad to see you got everything figured out.

Even though its a bit late I will post this anyway.

The best way I have found to set gain without having an oscope is to find out what you RCA voltage is at the amp and then take your best guess at the gain from that.

So for example, the DC 2k works with RCS voltage input from .2v-6v. If you have 6v at the RCAs going into the amp, you would leave the gain and bass boost all the way down. 3v at the RCAs going into the amp would set gain about half and bass boost all the way down. You can see where I am going with this. Just take the number of notches on the gain knob and divide them up to get an idea about what each notch would be valued at and set your gain appropriately.

Bump. :D

Also, what improvement would I see by grounding straight to the battery instead of the seatbelt anchor? Other than me getting more voltage drop from having it grounded in it's current position, will I notice any other differences?

Are you grounding the amp to the seat belt anchor or a rear battery?

It's grounded to the seat anchor, I have no rear battery. I was thinking maybe I could run an in line fuse holder and use it to connect the two wire ends, so I could Ground it to the front battery, would this work?

It's grounded to the seat anchor, I have no rear battery. I was thinking maybe I could run an in line fuse holder and use it to connect the two wire ends, so I could Ground it to the front battery, would this work?

Easiest way would be to get 2 ring terminals, 1 on each wire and then bolt them together. Put electrical tape over the connection to insulate it and you should be good.

I just so happen to have 2 extra ring terminals :D Will try this when I install my new box and clean up my wiring and other parts.

I just so happen to have 2 extra ring terminals :D Will try this when I install my new box and clean up my wiring and other parts.

Good luck getting everything going. And as to the gain, My clip light didnt even come on with the gain and bass boot up all the way. I tested my rca voltage and it is less than .5v. I still didnt leave it turned up all the way just to be safe and it is pushing my Level 4s nicely.

Just wrap one wire completely in electrical tape or something so you don't accidentally switch polarity sometime down the road

Archived