Brake pedal goes to the floor, won't build pressure

I replaced my driver's side rear caliper today because the seal was leaking pretty bad. After I got the new one on and topped off the fluid up front I started the car and noticed no matter how many times I pressed the pedal it went to the floor every time and never built pressure. With the engine off it builds pressure after about 2 or 3 pumps of the pedal. After doing some research I'm thinking either it needs to be bled or the master cylinder is bad. But this didn't happen until AFTER I put the new caliper on today and has never done it before today so I don't think it's the master cylinder. Any thoughts?

TDH FTW !!!

sounds like you have air in the line... every time you ever do anything to brakes on a vehicle aside from changing pads you have to bleed the brake lines to get all the air out buy 2 cans of fluid and have a friend pump the pedal while you bleed all the air out

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Did you bleed the system? If you replaced the whole caliper then a bleed is a MUST. You have a TON of air in the line.

And it doesn't build pressure when the engine is running because of the brake booster. When engine isn't running booster isn't boosting, so its just a hydraulic machine.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

sounds like you have air in the line... every time you ever do anything to brakes on a vehicle aside from changing pads you have to bleed the brake lines to get all the air out buy 2 cans of fluid and have a friend pump the pedal while you bleed all the air out

If you do pads the correct way then you should need to bleed the brakes. And you shouldn't need 2 cans of fluid.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

If you do pads the correct way then you should need to bleed the brakes. And you shouldn't need 2 cans of fluid.

you should re-read that.

and it's better to have to much than to little, especially on first try

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

you should re-read that.

and it's better to have to much than to little, especially on first try

:werd_msword:

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Archived