Sonic Electronix

hello. I have a set of 6x9s in boxes in my truck so i want to get another set in the factory openings. so how can I use the 1 set of factory wires and use them for 2 sets of speakers. is it as simple as just taking a new wire from the second speaker set and adding it to the existing wire? like splicing it in? if someone knows the proper way to do this please help :) i know there are plenty of smart people on here so this is the right place to ask.

Its not that easy. If you add a second set of speakers to the existing wire, each set will then see only half the power that the one is seeing now, but yes, you can use the existing wires. But then you get into the matter of ohms and whether you want them in series or parallel. Its not as simple as plug n pound.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

Its not that easy. If you add a second set of speakers to the existing wire, each set will then see only half the power that the one is seeing now, but yes, you can use the existing wires. But then you get into the matter of ohms and whether you want them in series or parallel. Its not as simple as plug n pound.

so is there a better way to do it then? or is that my best bet and just get a stronger amp or somethin?

Im confused. Do you already have an aftermarket amp tied into your stock speaker wire or are you pushing the speakers with your HU? Stock HU or aftermarket?

i have a 18 watt rms reciever with an alpine power pack which is 45watt rms x4channels

Archived